X-CulT Community Forums: Sonic heroes character models - X-CulT Community Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sonic heroes character models All of them

#1 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

I made a little compilation of all playable character models from sonic heroes, and all textures. I hope you enjoy! All models tagged with "fake_" are the metal forms. Click here!Includes:Metals (fake):amybigcharmeecreamespioknucklesrougeshadowsonictailsvectorNormal:amybigcharmeecreamespioknucklesrougeshadowsonictailsvectorOnce again, enjoy!EDIT: oh, and feel free to add any model to this collection.

This post has been edited by saddamsdevil: 28 May 2006 - 08:56 AM

#2 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Post icon  Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

Thankyou! I was looking for them, All I need is to know is how to create Material and how to map them with the maps provided.Also, If you know where to get the SADX ones (atleast Sonic) I would apreciate it.Thanks again for this glorius collection! finnaly I can fix Vector's ugly design.EDIT: This is what I did with the vector model.http://67.18.37.15/1...ad/p9486058.jpgI wish I knew how to put the maps, it was hard as hell painting him by hand.

This post has been edited by Gween: 28 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

#3 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:40 AM

I just remember having SADX, I only cannot play it because of the fucking scratches on my cd (I bought it like that). Now for some ripping tools, and this could become quite a gallery.

#4 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:18 AM

Heres what I've done with Sonic's model (modified to fit the needs of the engine I use):http://www.sheezyart.com/view/779995/

I wish I knew how to put the maps, it was hard as hell painting him by hand.
You don't need to paint on any sort of textures, just use material colors.

This post has been edited by Gen: 29 May 2006 - 05:21 AM

#5 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

I wa painting the Model, I cant find the Sonic Heroes material Models that are included. How do you find them?where do you go to? Ive went to many sites, but they dont explain how to make Jpegs into maps and/or materials.I followed the instructions on a site on how to map models, but look what happened.http://67.18.37.15/1...ad/p9490970.jpgI need help, Mapping is extremely difficult.This are the instructions I used.http://www.cea.mdx.a...intro3dmax.html

This post has been edited by Gween: 29 May 2006 - 11:23 AM

#6 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hehe, nice work on the sonic. I prefer shadow in my artwork though. Check my gallery at http://saddamsdevil.deviantart.com .oh and Gween, rotate the textures 180 degrees.

This post has been edited by saddamsdevil: 29 May 2006 - 11:26 AM

#7 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

And how do you do that? Im sorry to be a bother..Im a Super Newb I just got this program.I know I shouldnt be here, but Im desperate! And Im a big Sonic fan so. ^^;

#8 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:56 AM

On the bitmap map, you will see a rotation thingy on the right, and on the W: value put 180. That should work, you need to make some multi/sub materials too and stuff.

#9 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

I did it, and it came out looking like this.http://67.18.37.15/1...ad/p9490970.jpg

#10 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

Well, white is better than red right?Hmm... You should look into some multi/ sub material tutorials. that way you can colour each part of the body individually. And never forget to play around with materials, good things happen.

#11 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

Ok, Ill go do that then! thanks for the tips.EDIT: in the meantime I painted it myself. heh.http://67.18.37.15/1...ad/p9491628.jpgEDIT: I can't find a tutorial that has accuarate enough info on how to model Characters such as these. If someone knows of a tutorial or would give me the step by step to do it, I would be very grateful! thanks.

This post has been edited by Gween: 29 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

#12 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

it looks good. you should try to model\create an environment for your renders.

#13 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:16 AM

You mean like level design? That would be fun, Ill try it sometime.How do you wrap them with the map provided? Ive seen tutorials about mapping and it talks about breaking the model and making separate maps for each piece. but the map provided for example the Super Sonic one, I only see an eye with other maps behind it, what kind of map is that?how do you map these models using the maps provided in the folder you gave us?

This post has been edited by Gween: 30 May 2006 - 10:16 AM

#14 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

The images in the folder are just textures, you need to make materials yourself, add any needed colours, use multi-sub materials or make custom textures if you want. On my first one I completely Re-UV mapped the model, JUST LOOK INTO TUTORIALS, since I am not able to write them, google is your friend.

#15 User is offline   Gween

Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

View Postsaddamsdevil, on May 30 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

The images in the folder are just textures, you need to make materials yourself, add any needed colours, use multi-sub materials or make custom textures if you want. On my first one I completely Re-UV mapped the model, JUST LOOK INTO TUTORIALS, since I am not able to write them, google is your friend.
dont worry, I wasnt asking for a tutorial. just pointers and thats what you gave me, thanks! :)Ill keep looking for more tutorials on google.

#16 User is offline   Techokami

• SONIC MEETS DAVID THE GNOME
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:04 AM

I thought you would have at LEAST assembled Omega correctly.Also, why the hell are the models set facing down into the ground? And why didn't you texture them with the provided textures for us?

#17 User is offline   spiritofthecult

Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

i have the correct ones including Omega corrected , i`ll upload em in the future

#18 User is offline   Kaos

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

The fake amy model is missing, other than that THANKS for ripping these.

#19 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

View PostKaos, on May 31 2006, 12:27 PM, said:

The fake amy model is missing, other than that THANKS for ripping these.
Atleast someone appriciates that I took my time to rip these. No problem.

#20 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

well, I'd really like to thank you too.. but looking from the designer side, I have no real idea about model ripping.. I appreciate your work but I cannot rate it.. but I can ask you something: what is a good viewer for 3ds files.. then I will rate them too!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users