X-CulT Community Forums: Sonic Adventure (DC) Auto-Demo (1998-10-16) - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sonic Adventure (DC) Auto-Demo (1998-10-16) Aka: Windy Valley Beta Found!!!

#1 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sonic Retro Topic with download link.

Interesting bits:

View Postdarkspines35 said:

Welp. This build and Orenge are officially amazing. The beta Windy Valley has been found! Note: I used Red Mountain's textures so I could get a better look at the stage since it has no texture files...and spoilered for size...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image[/spoiler]

View Postdarkspines35 said:

Spoiler

Found another section of the stage. Loaded it with Windy Valley's final textures for the lolz. Haha.

View PostAndrew75 said:

This may take awhile......
Posted Image

View PostMainMemory said:

Test Lvl 1:

Test Lvl 2:

View PostAndrew75 said:

Some things just don't look playable without some kind of guided path, or scripted system.
Posted Image

Also I'm betting that some platforms were animated in the other test level, I wonder if they were meant to spin?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Gentleman, Another piece of the Holy Grail of SA1 betas has been found.

This post has been edited by Zeck: 22 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

#2 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Also, At Dawn beta was found too:

View PostJase said:

So here's all I could do within 2 hours of haxxing.

I reckon someone should get that beta map into original SADX

This post has been edited by Zeck: 22 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

#3 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

The "Windy Valley" Chao Garden was found:

View Postevilhamwizard said:

View PostMainMemory said:

View Postevilhamwizard said:

View PostShoemanbundy said:

I'll add in and say thanks to Orange, it's great seeing this. Makes me wish I had a proto to release to add to all of this.

Anxious to see how many areas are playable. Are all the hub areas like Station Square and Mystic Ruin there?

Some of them. Mystic Ruins Past is completely missing as far as I know, but there are remnants of Station Square, Egg Carrier, and some small remains of Mystic Ruins. The BIN files for those three exist though.

Hacking related, but how are you guys calculating the LandTable starting address for these maps? I'm trying to take a look using IDA Pro.

If you look in 1ST_READ.BIN at 160648 or 8C170648 in ida, it lists the addresses of every LandTable, 8 sections per level, 41 levels. You can find the address in that list and go to that address in the relevant stage file (assuming you've set the rom start and loading address properly). There's really not much to look at as far as the geometry goes, SALVL tells you a lot more than looking at the data does.

Sweet. Thanks a bunch. :)

I noticed that for the Chao Gardens, the key is different. But unlike the final, the key in this version is CA80000. Garden00 (Station Square garden) is pretty much identical to the final version, with textures as well. Garden01 (Egg Carrier) however...

Posted Image

For those unfamiliar:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Yeah, for some reason it's completely hollow underneath. Also you can make out a small platform for the transporters. So maybe it wasn't a test map after all? There aren't any textures for this though.

But here's the obj file for you to tinker with. I can't seem to get GARDEN02 loaded though, but the file is pretty small and only contains a ring in the object list anyway.

For those who are waiting for the object file for Windy Valley part 1, the address is 11ED8 and the key is the standard SA1 level key.

EDIT: False alarm on GARDEN02. :)

Spoiler

Download link to OBJ file. You wont need textures for this one I think.

I can't seem to get whatever's at 8c170B48 to load though. Looks like the key is CA90000 and the address is EE04, which might be the Chao Race map. But it's a different key than anything else. This is the last address in the LandTable address list as far as I can see.

Turns out it was a scrapped Chao Garden.

#4 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I hereby use my thread necromancy powers to inform you all that myself and a few others have done the grueling task of restoring this stage.

Enjoy.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users