X-CulT Community Forums: Megaman Legends 3: Canceled - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Megaman Legends 3: Canceled And the internet rages!

#1 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

A "Special" Message From Capcom

We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company.

Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely.

We can only express our deepest apologies to all of you who have lent us your unending support, including participation in the Mega Man Legends 3 Developer Room. On behalf of the entire Legends team, please accept our sincere apology for failing to meet the expectations of the fans.

We thank you all so much for your extended support of this title and this community, and we hope that you will continue to support the Mega Man franchise as well as other Capcom games.

If you have any questions, please see the FAQ below.

====================

Q: Are there plans to restart the Mega Man Legends 3 Project in the future?

A: Currently there are none.

Q: I want to maintain contact with the people I met through the Devroom.

A: The Dev Room will remain open in a limited capacity, so you can PM those people now and in the future.

Q: Is there a chance the ideas recruited in the Devroom will be used in future games?

A: No, I am afraid not.

Q: Will it be okay to upload the ideas we contributed to the Devroom elsewhere?

A: Yes, you may reuse your ideas elsewhere, including those ideas that were selected as winners in Devroom events.

Q: Will the people whose ideas were supposed to go in the game receive something else instead?

A:Yes, those whose ideas were to be implemented in the game will receive a commemorative gift, which will be shipped at a later date.

Q.Can you please give me more information on why the MML3 project was cancelled so close to the launch of the Prototype?

A. The project was cancelled for the reasons outlined in the statement.

Q.Will the Prototype Version still be distributed via the Nintendo eShop?

A.No it will not.

Q.Is the cancellation of MML3 related to the departure of Inafune-san?

A. The cancellation of the MML3 project is in no way related to Inafune-san leaving the company.

Q. This is the second Mega Man game cancelled this year, what does this mean for the future of the Mega Man Franchise?

A. Mega Man is still an important franchise within Capcom’s portfolio and we will continue to pursue opportunities to create new titles in the series.

Q. The Dev Room was a place where fans were supposed to be deeply involved in the creation of this product, why were they not involved in the decision to cancel this product?

A. We thank all those who were involved in the Developer Room, but the decision to continue or cancel the MML3 ultimately had to be made by Capcom.

Q. What will happen to the ideas and input participants have given to the Dev Room?

A. Content will remain viewable on the Devroom, but will not be utilized for any future projects.

Q. Will there be any future projects that involve fan participation in this manner? Or was this a one time experiment?

A. We will certainly continue to welcome suggestions and comments from Capcom’s community on current and future titles although right now there are no projects with plans to replicate the same level of interaction.

Seriously?

Fuck off Capcom. Comic Con is going to be real fun for us fans...

#2 User is offline   cool_boy_mew

• Heil Pokémon
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Capcom are going to comic-con? I hope they get boo'd

#3 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Another "special" message from capcom

Dear friends,

The MML3 project has not just changed my life, but actually encompassed it for months. Seeing that project come to a close has been very difficult, and something I’ve tried to mentally deny, but alas, we have been confronted with the situation and must all face it together.

As you know, the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been one of sky-scraping ambition--to create a game which incorporates large quantities of tangible, meaningful input from the fans.

One of the fundamental aims of the Legends 3 Project was to provide the game's loyal fans with a level of transparency the likes of which had never been offered by a major game developer. The team developing this game provided in-depth articles detailing the various processes that going into this game's creation, from voice recording to the creation of 3D character models. They talked about the office atmosphere and all of the ups and downs of the game development process with a degree of candor that was, to be perfectly frank, often quite concerning for the rest of the company.

Why was it a concern to everyone else at the company? Because the thing is, there are tough realities in this industry that are largely left unpublicized for a good reason--because they're tough. All games go through a multi-stage approval process, but most games are not brought to the public's attention until that final approval has been met. With Mega Man Legends 3, exposing the fans to that process was part of the project's core concept--to show everybody what it really means to create a game. We were all in it together here, for better or worse, and now together we must accept the outcome that many games ultimately face.

I know that many fans are extremely disappointed by this news. Please realize that this cancellation is no less of a blow for the dedicated staff who have been working on this project for most of a year now. Since Legends 3's first conception, it has consumed most of the team's waking hours. We have been living and breathing Mega Man Legends for months--We've spent hours upon hours in meetings, created vast amounts of content both in the game's prototype and here in the Devroom, and there have even been multiple trips overseas to meet and discuss the game's progress. To we who have been deeply involved in this project, it is more than a game--it is a symbol and a manifestation of the collective hard work, creativity, and vision shared by all of us. Not just a product, but an amalgam of minds.

The decision to close this project after all it has meant comes as very difficult news to all staff members as well, but we must move on.

While it didn’t ultimately result in a game, it was a real look at game development in action, with all the excitement and disappointments that can entail. We did not arrive at the destination we had hoped, but we thank you for coming on this journey with us.

To better days ahead,

Greg

Also get this CulT, appearently its our (the legends fans) fault, according to this Capcom of europe dick on twitter.

And inafune apologizes to the MML fans.

#4 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Q.Is the cancellation of MML3 related to the departure of Inafune-san?

A. The cancellation of the MML3 project is in no way related to Inafune-san leaving the company.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I hope Capcom gets booed off the stage. I don;t even care about Mega Man and I can see how dickish a move this was.

#5 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

More From Capcom Europe on Twitter

Backpeddling, backpeddling...

Also according to 4chan you won't even get a chance to rage at capcom if you a MML or even a MM fan at all:
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

View PostZeck, on 21 July 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

More From Capcom Europe on Twitter

Backpeddling, backpeddling...

Also according to 4chan you won't even get a chance to rage at capcom if you a MML or even a MM fan at all:

I was at SDCC, and this was not true. Many of the Capcom staff were just as pissed as the fans were, telling us how little say over the project they had anyway. I was also told it was all "politics" by one of my higher-up friends at Capcom. Take that as you will.

And yeah, this is an older post, but it's still the most recent post in the forum.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users