Truco '96 and TC 2000

#1 User is offline   Sik

Icon
Argentina
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

OK, I'm trying to get things up to date since that stupid Internet outage >_>

So whatever. As some of you may know, once I talked about an Argentinian Mega Drive game called "Truco '96". I'm going to bet that most of you don't know what this game is. I found it by pure coincidence (I actually have a cartridge!), and I was lucky to find the ROM dumped on a Geocities site =/ Needless to say, I downloaded the ROM and make sure to make more copies of it. Here's the ROM, if you want to see it.

What you don't know though is that the same guys also made another game, called TC 2000. It's actually a hack of Super Monaco GP, although quite a hack I must say because I don't recall there being any car select menus in that game. Either way, I don't have the cartridge, I didn't even see the game except for screenshots in fact. I'm trying to see if I can get the ROM though.

Whatever, I was meant to make articles for Truco '96 some months ago but I fucked up majorly -- and I mean majorly. So, can somebody here help me with that instead? I'll reply any questions as needed, I understand how to play the game perfectly (I managed to have a win streak of 11 consecutive matches =P).

#2 Guest

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

A translation would be nice, I'm playing blackjack right?

My confirm code was 'the awesome', I guess it's talking about you ;)

#3 User is offline   Sik

Icon
Argentina
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

This game has nothing to do with Black Jack. Er, later I may explain the rules, they can be quite complicated. I'm just gonna put the values cards have (there are no 8 and 9, from 7 it goes straight to 10):

• Ace of spades
  • Ace of clubs
  • 7 of spades
  • 7 of gold
  • 3, 2, 1
  • 12, 11, 10
  • 7, 6, 5, 4

For envido and flor, cards 1 to 7 mean exactly that, while 10 to 12 mean 0. You need cards of the same kind (two for envido, three for flor). You could try playing those without enough cards, but you won't like it... Add 20 to the result if you meet the requirement, by the way.

Also, A for the left card, B for the middle card, C for the right card.

This post has been edited by Sik: 16 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

#4 User is offline   ICEknight

Icon
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

Wow, this has some pretty awesome music. You'd expect a modest game like this to have some basic beeps or perhaps the Monster Lair sound engine that gets reused in many pirate games.

Are those music tracks stolen from some other game I'm unaware of?

Thanks for posting this ROM.

#5 User is offline   Sik

Icon
Argentina
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

The music is from Battle Mania Daiginjou, although the voice samples are all custom. In fact, I think the game is using two sound engines, since sound effects never play when there's music too (at least when it doesn't glitch...).

Also no luck getting the TC 2000 ROM =/

This post has been edited by Sik: 05 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users