X-CulT Community Forums: CulT:UK's CLEGG WARS: EPISODE 2 - CLEGGS BIG DECISION - X-CulT Community Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CulT:UK's CLEGG WARS: EPISODE 2 - CLEGGS BIG DECISION (If America get's its own election thread, us britfags get one too

#1 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Tonight's debate can be summarised by these two things.

Posted Image

I AGREE WITH NICK

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hinara: 15 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

#2 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

LABOUR SCARE TACTICS

Posted Image

And let's not forget a golden oldie:

Posted Image

lol

#3 User is offline   Franz

• huge weeaboo
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image

:hmm:

#4 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

More like

Posted Image
HELLO I AM NICK CLEGG AND I AM FROM SHEFFIELD DID I MENTION I AM FROM SHEFFIELD I MAY NOT HAVE DONE BUT THIS IS THE NORTH AND I AM ONE OF YOU AND BY THE WAY I AM FROM SHEFFIELD

On a more serious note, I agree with ITV in that Clegg won overall - I think he benefited from the fact the other two leaders mainly attacked each other, though - ignoring him apart from Brown trying to build a Lib/Lab bridge, as SSUK noted. Cameron apparently had fairly little prep time for the first debate due to his heavy campaigning schedule - I suspect this may change for the next 2 debates after this one.

#5 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

View PostHinara, on 15 April 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

This looks like some old pre-WW2 propaganda poster, particularly of Communist and social democratic parties.

This post has been edited by P.P.A.: 17 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

#6 User is offline   Hinchy

• i mean it!!!!!!!!!!1
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hey, what do you know, UK politics is almost as stupid as USA politics!

This post has been edited by YesIAmAnIdiot: 17 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

#7 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

View PostYesIAmAnIdiot, on 17 April 2010 - 03:37 PM, said:

They lack every politician trying to address the issue of TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM TERRORISM every other paragraph.

#8 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

View PostYesIAmAnIdiot, on 17 April 2010 - 08:37 PM, said:

Quite.

Only we run on a party-system, not a presidential-system. But people are too thick or completely disinterested in politics to know what party they're voting for or even the policies they stand for. So this time around, we took a page out of the American style election run-up book and held leadership debates. I don't really know anyone but myself and a few family members who watched these, most people vote blind/don't vote (BNP, if you were interested in how they were voting... lol bham) and surprise, surprise, the person who gets least publicity out of the 'main 3' parties at any given time; got the most out of these debates.

You know, if they wanted to get people involved in politics... Why don't they... You know, move the date of voting to a weekend and have polling stations in places like newsagents. Not schools... Which have to be closed so they can take the polls there... Which means parents need to stay at home to look after their kids... And means people who work shitty times can actually spare the time in between sleeping and keeping a roof over their heads to partake in the political process.

BUT HEY LOOK WE'VE GOT SOME NICE, SHINY, CHOREOGRAPHED DEBATES FOR YOU TO WATCH. THEY'RE TOTALLY NOT BORING OR MEANT TO BE A FACADE OF GETTING PUBLIC INTEREST. NOW GO BACK TO YOUR EMERDALE AND LEAVE US POLITICIANS ALONE SO WE CAN FIDDLE SHIT AND HOPE SOMEONE DOESN'T BE A DIPSHIT AND LEAK ANOTHER MEANS OF MPS GETTING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING FROM THE TAX PAYER. SHOO.

#9 User is offline   Kodani

Icon
United States
Interest:
Scapegoat

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

View PostSSUK, on 17 April 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

MPS GETTING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING

Posted Image

and their chicks for free?

#10 User is offline   Overlord

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:01 AM

View PostKodani, on 18 April 2010 - 03:28 AM, said:

View PostSSUK, on 17 April 2010 - 07:03 PM, said:

MPS GETTING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING

Posted Image

and their chicks for free?

GOD DAMN YOU THAT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT AS WELL =P

#11 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostOverlord, on 18 April 2010 - 09:01 AM, said:

GOD DAMN YOU THAT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT AS WELL =P

Kodani's a TEOURRORIST

#12 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Round two's just about to start. Let's see how this plays out.

#13 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Cameron's apparently come on top this round. Fuck. I'm not only £12.22 out of pocket via betting, but the Clegg's been defused. :(

#15 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:20 PM

View PostHinara, on 22 April 2010 - 09:48 PM, said:

Cameron's apparently come on top this round. Fuck. I'm not only £12.22 out of pocket via betting, but the Clegg's been defused. :(

Depends what poll you inquire into. Most are slanted one way or the other. Sky News was quick to jump the gun saying the YouGov, an online poll which was hastily conducted in about 15 minutes put Cameron on top, another which I didn't catch the name of which was scrolling on BBC News Channel said Clegg came out on top.

But shit, that was a fucking terrible debate. The format was fucked up, half the time you didn't know the flow, people were given more floor time to talk about some boring shit that was straying away from the question than people who were actually prepared to talk about it and Sky News was sure adamant to show their impartiality towards all parties by bringing up The Independent's front-page from this morning when Clegg was answering a question. Then they had fucking stupid questions like "WHAT ARE YOU PERSONALLY DOING ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE?" like anyone gives a shit if they don't use a fucking plane to fly around during the campaign... And then the after-debate spin was laughable. Pre-prepared comments which ignored a lot of what actually happened inside the debate, with Sky News once again showing an astounding display of impartiality by interrupting Miliband, telling them all in a very excited manner that the YouGov poll said Cameron had 'won' the debate, as he was rebutting a lib dem claim for something or other, who fucking gives a shit.

Well, so much for the whole 'let's get people interested in politics' lark. Held onto it as long as you could, I suppose. In the end, it's all the same old shit. If anyone was inspired by that complete load of crock, I'd be fucking surprised. The ITV debate was far more focused on answering the questions, not provoking a verbal punch-up between the three by opening the floor to them to discuss shit freely without being prompted.

#16 User is offline   Franz

• huge weeaboo
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Overlord

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:29 AM

Vote Brown, get another 5 years of the same shit we've had up to now
Vote Clegg, get a leader who wants to throw all our nuclear defenses away and turn us into a minor European player (as evidenced by last night's debate).

Still voting Cameron, sorry, even with the Murdoch connection. Hopefully he'll limit any damage.

#18 User is offline   Franz

• huge weeaboo
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

Posted Image
Yes I am aware, are you, mysterious quoter?
I love british politics if only for the pictures the internet gives me of it.

#19 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostOverlord, on 23 April 2010 - 08:29 AM, said:

Vote Brown, get another 5 years of the same shit we've had up to now
Vote Clegg, get a leader who wants to throw all our nuclear defenses away and turn us into a minor European player (as evidenced by last night's debate).

Still voting Cameron, sorry, even with the Murdoch connection. Hopefully he'll limit any damage.

lol you believe in nuclear defenses

#20 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

In all fairness I agree with Gov. Nuclear defences are pretty much, a subjective peace of mind for the general public. Excluing mad cunts like North Korea, any of the UN countries found using nuclear weapons would have a HELL of a lot of explaining to do, AS WELL AS a load of enquiries and procedures to do so before even sending out a trident, or nuke, out of the country. They're only there to give everyone peace of mind and make so-and-so's ball's look bigger if/when WW3 ever happens.

Needless to say, getting rid of nuclear deterents, as they should be known as, will pretty much chop of the ball of the as for said country (UK), leaving anyone to think "Naaaaaw let's fuck up the UK they don't have nukes"; when in reality, they could do that now, we still wouldn't nuke them, we'd send a bunch of un-equiped faggots in army uniform to their country to slap up wives and children.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users