STE 1.20 released Merry Xmas

#1 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

I know this tool isn't as popular as it used to be due to disassemblies ("like it ever was" SHUT UP AT THE BACK =P) but what the hell, this needed doing anyway. STE 1.20 is a maintainence release more than anything else in that I've collated all the templates I've seen for STE in the 5 years (fucking hell, 5 years) since 1.10 came out, as well as adding a couple of new templates in and making a couple more from data I've had stacked up for a while.

ANYWAY! The changelog:

v1.20:
-- First update since 2005! =P Happy Christmas 2009 - and goodbye to the first decade of the 21st century.
-- Support added to the ROM detection routine for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Revision 0), and changed the old Sonic 2 value to read Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Revision 1).
-- 6 new templates: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Revision 0) (by me from rika_chao's Sonic 2 template), Sonic Crackers (Overlord), Mega Drive TMSS (TheMVRules), Virtua Racing (U) (TheMVRules), Virtua Racing (J) (by me from TheMVRules' (U) template) and Virtua Racing (E) (by me from TheMVRules' (U) template). I've also added in a 7th - an Altered Beast template I made in late 2008. Though not strictly new, it's not been included in an STE distribution before.
-- Renamed Zero Wing's name in its template to Zero Wing (E), as it's for the European English language version only. Renaming the alphabet and image files at this point would be problematic so those will stay as is.
-- Long ago, Neo contributed a template by the name of Sonic 3 Others. Having recently re-discovered it, I've taken out what I can see that works from it and put it into the plain Sonic 3 template, adding him to the credits on it. I've no idea what ROM the other things in the file are supposed to work with - if you do, let me know! They're in Sonic 3 - Other things.ini.
-- Cleaned up some misc templates - removed ones that don't do anything and added in a couple for potential future use (namely the ASCII and "Double ASCII" [probably unicode] ones).
-- Updated the date on 2 copyright strings, that likely haven't been touched since v1.00 =P

The download is at http://overlord.digi...ca/ste-1.20.rar .

So, yeah, enjoy =P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users