X-CulT Community Forums: > I'm interested in learning Genesis programming... - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

> I'm interested in learning Genesis programming... but I have no clue where to start.

#1 User is offline   Hinchy

• i mean it!!!!!!!!!!1
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

Basically the title explains it all. Links to any good tutorials or documentations as well as compilers and that sort of thing would be really great. I've been looking to get into this for a while now and just haven't had the time to ask. Now's a good time as any, though.

(Of course, I've also heard there's a C compiler for the Genesis. I'd be interested in that as well, since C is a language I'm much more familiar with. Of course if it's gimped (which it probably is) I'll just go right into ASM, but it's worth asking.)

This post has been edited by YesIAmAnIdiot: 10 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

#2 User is offline   Rad

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

Well, there is a affiliated site on X-Cult.org called "Sonic Retro". I think it's even Tweakers site. It is centered around hacking Sonic games, but there are a few guides about Motorola 68000 and ASM hacking too. I think you'll find a few hints there.

#3 User is offline   Beta

• Admin Emeritus
Icon
United States
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

I have my doubts you'll want to use one of the C compilers. I'm not sure about things right now but back when I'd first joined this community and did some 68k work, the C compilers didn't perform very well. The code created was a bit bloated for doing much more than small demos.

Things could have changed, of course.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users