X-CulT Community Forums: Halo Reach(around) Screenshots Leaked - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo Reach(around) Screenshots Leaked Thanks to ToM MoReLLo, we now have leaked screenshots of Halo Reach. A

#1 User is offline   Phugolz

• فخر عبادة
Icon
Qatar
Interest:
Hated

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

Thanks to ToM MoReLLo, we now have leaked screenshots of Halo Reach. Awesome job, enjoy your legal proceedings. Bungie and Microsoft are working hardcore to cover this up. So as usual, here they are. This is revenge for that fag getting our youtube account shitcanned. Assholes.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Cryomancer

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

WOW LOOK IT LOOKS JUST LIKE A HALO GAME HOW EXCITING who give a shit

#3 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gen: 07 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

#4 User is offline   Mecha Sally

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

View PostCryomancer, on 06 November 2009 - 02:22 PM, said:

This.

I didn't even realize the YT account got banned. What happened?

#5 User is offline   AfroRyan

Icon
Interest:
Failure

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

View PostCryomancer, on 06 November 2009 - 03:22 PM, said:

WOW LOOK I'M BASHING A POPULAR GAME CAUSE THAT IS WHAT COOL KIDS DO amirite?

It does look awful samey though. Of course, these are coming from an alpha build and a cellphone camera. But whatever, it's Halo, so let the blind hatred continue.

And just to mention one screen in particular, is that a needle rifle I see? I can't imagine a more ineffective weapon.

This post has been edited by AfroRyan: 07 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

#6 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

I don't follow Halo at all anymore I guess. What's the "point" of Reach? I mean, ODST was at least a side story thing where you were a marine instead of a health-regenerating super solider, so at least that was a slightly interesting twist, but I don't know what this game would be "for".

#7 User is offline   Proto

• RAPE
Icon
United States
Interest:
Theorist

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

The shots look kinda cool, but I'm not entirely sure what's going to be different.

Though according to one (unverified) source, you play in a squad of four, working together to get from point A to point B. Also, players can suppossedly drop in and out in the middle of a game with bots taking over for openings.
In a way, It sounds suspiciously like Left 4 Dead's multiplayer co-op, the only difference is no zombies and a Halo backdrop.

#8 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

View PostIUG, on 08 November 2009 - 12:12 AM, said:

I don't follow Halo at all anymore I guess. What's the "point" of Reach? I mean, ODST was at least a side story thing where you were a marine instead of a health-regenerating super solider, so at least that was a slightly interesting twist, but I don't know what this game would be "for".

Halo's backstory is huge. Reach is an Earth colony which was glassed by the big villains of the Halo universe; the covenant. This game will follow a group of Spartan (read: super-soliders) who appear to have Team Fortress 2-like classes, so you have snipers, heavy weapons, melee, etc. They tried to pull that off in ODST, but it just ended up in you swapping your gun out for ones you like and being done with it. ODST was also just Halo 3 with depleting health, so that's kind of stepping backwards through the Halo series to Halo: CE. But even then, ODSTs are just as sturdy as the brick-shithouse super soldiers just with a jump which isn't gravity-defying and fucking stupid.

This game will also be heavily co-op orientated. I believe the four rectangular boxes by the radar in the lower-left are team mate status indicators, just to show you that 4 player co-op wasn't an absolute after-thought to this game. (I still remember Bungie declaring Halo 3 wouldn't ship with 4 player co-op, only for them to rescind that a few days later.)

It does look awful samey though. Of course, these are coming from an alpha build and a cellphone camera. But whatever, it's Halo, so let the blind hatred continue.

And just to mention one screen in particular, is that a needle rifle I see? I can't imagine a more ineffective weapon.

As valid as a post that was, perhaps going head-first after a moderator isn't the best way to prolong your stay at CulT. Just a heads up.

I also thought the game looked pretty much the same to Halo 3. But it's most likely built off the same underlining engine. The game probably wont be out until November 2010 at the earliest, so there's plenty of time to get things up to scratch. If I had a bit of faith in Microsoft/Bungie I'd say they'd hold out until Fall 2011... But with multiplayer beta coming up early 2010, it doesn't look hopeful. I think it's best we reserved judgement on the game's appearance and gameplay until said beta works it's way around.

As for a Needler rifle... Long range needler + over-charge blast = pretty cool? If it works just like a long-range needler though... I can see a few problems with abuse in multiplayer. Unless it's exclusively long-range and has very little use short-range, so a kind of inverse needler. That could work out quite well.

#9 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

View PostSSUK, on 07 November 2009 - 07:35 PM, said:

(I still remember Bungie declaring Halo 3 wouldn't ship with 4 player co-op, only for them to rescind that a few days later.)

Halo 3 did have 4 player co-op. I bought the game on release day, and I did 4 player co-op all the time.

#10 User is offline   AfroRyan

Icon
Interest:
Failure

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

View PostIUG, on 07 November 2009 - 10:23 PM, said:

(I still remember Bungie declaring Halo 3 wouldn't ship with 4 player co-op, only for them to rescind that a few days later.)

Halo 3 did have 4 player co-op. I bought the game on release day, and I did 4 player co-op all the time.

Maybe he was thinking of Fable 2? It went back and forth concerning multiplayer like every day the week before it shipped. It did manage to make it in by launch, however, there were still like 5 patches in the first week.

View PostIUG, on 08 November 2009 - 12:12 AM, said:

Halo's backstory is huge. Reach is an Earth colony which was glassed by the big villains of the Halo universe; the covenant. This game will follow a group of Spartan (read: super-soliders) who appear to have Team Fortress 2-like classes, so you have snipers, heavy weapons, melee, etc. They tried to pull that off in ODST, but it just ended up in you swapping your gun out for ones you like and being done with it. ODST was also just Halo 3 with depleting health, so that's kind of stepping backwards through the Halo series to Halo: CE. But even then, ODSTs are just as sturdy as the brick-shithouse super soldiers just with a jump which isn't gravity-defying and fucking stupid.

This game will also be heavily co-op orientated. I believe the four rectangular boxes by the radar in the lower-left are team mate status indicators, just to show you that 4 player co-op wasn't an absolute after-thought to this game. (I still remember Bungie declaring Halo 3 wouldn't ship with 4 player co-op, only for them to rescind that a few days later.)

As valid as a post that was, perhaps going head-first after a moderator isn't the best way to prolong your stay at CulT. Just a heads up.

I also thought the game looked pretty much the same to Halo 3. But it's most likely built off the same underlining engine. The game probably wont be out until November 2010 at the earliest, so there's plenty of time to get things up to scratch. If I had a bit of faith in Microsoft/Bungie I'd say they'd hold out until Fall 2011... But with multiplayer beta coming up early 2010, it doesn't look hopeful. I think it's best we reserved judgement on the game's appearance and gameplay until said beta works it's way around.

As for a Needler rifle... Long range needler + over-charge blast = pretty cool? If it works just like a long-range needler though... I can see a few problems with abuse in multiplayer. Unless it's exclusively long-range and has very little use short-range, so a kind of inverse needler. That could work out quite well.

I appreciate the warning...but hey, moderators can be made fun of too...at least I didn't make fun of the typo. Also, who is anyone to bash a popular game like Halo on a website that started as a Sonic research/fandom page? Plus, it's the CulT...am I not entitled to be a bit of a troll? I've lurked here for years upon years, rarely venturing outside of the comments made in the main news posts. I'm not so much interested in the community as I am the research and findings, and I only occasionally comment in any of the news posts. I only posted today out of boredom. I didn't mean to offend anyways, so sorry if I stepped on any toes.

Changing topics back to the needler rifle, they would be pretty cool if they worked the way you described...still, I would rather see the needler knives that are mentioned in the novels. Jackals use a crystal knife that is more or less a one time use weapon that they stab into a victim, letting go of the blade, and allowing it to explode within the victim. Pretty awesome stuff (imagine COD style instakill knifing, except the knives EXPLODE). Plus, being a stickler for canon, I'd hate to see a new effective weapon in a prequel...what kind of sense would that make? But hey, what are you gonna do?

This post has been edited by AfroRyan: 08 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

#11 User is offline   Phugolz

• فخر عبادة
Icon
Qatar
Interest:
Hated

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

hahahahahahahaha

this message has my approval. But the cult is much older then sonic cult, the start goes back to EmuCult. Sonic CulT started as a side project of that

#12 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

View PostIUG, on 08 November 2009 - 03:23 AM, said:

Bungie had raised doubts if the game would ship with 4 player co-op. They then announced a few days later it would certainly ship with 4 player co-op.

AfroRyan: Hey, that's cool. Just making sure everyone loves and hates one-another in the CulT way~.

An exploding knife sounds bad-ass. Problem is, we already have sticky grenades which do essentially the same thing from a distance... Two variations of them infact. Then you have the energy sword which can take down players in one or two hits. Who knows? I'm sure the open beta next year should shed light on some new weapons, possibly some new items.

#13 User is offline   AfroRyan

Icon
Interest:
Failure

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

View PostPhugolz, on 08 November 2009 - 01:25 AM, said:

hahahahahahahaha

this message has my approval. But the cult is much older then sonic cult, the start goes back to EmuCult. Sonic CulT started as a side project of that

My bad. All I remember is the Sonic 2 beta and everyone going apeshit. I remember finding out about it first at Sonic Cult years ago when I had just gotten internet...that's the very first interesting rom leak I remember (alongside Earthbound 0). Of course the CulT has continued providing interesting dump after dump (lol dump) even after all those years. BTW, anyone you know of working on translating those other Phantasy Star games? The first batch was translated so quickly that I'm unrealistically loosing hope about the second batch ever being translated.

View PostSSUK, on 08 November 2009 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostIUG, on 08 November 2009 - 03:23 AM, said:

Bungie had raised doubts if the game would ship with 4 player co-op. They then announced a few days later it would certainly ship with 4 player co-op.

AfroRyan: Hey, that's cool. Just making sure everyone loves and hates one-another in the CulT way~.

An exploding knife sounds bad-ass. Problem is, we already have sticky grenades which do essentially the same thing from a distance... Two variations of them infact. Then you have the energy sword which can take down players in one or two hits. Who knows? I'm sure the open beta next year should shed light on some new weapons, possibly some new items.

Personally, I'd love to see the sword replaced by the crystal (controversial, I know). The sword, while fun, is instant easy mode in most cases. If instead you had something that was much more limited, while staying just as deadly, I think it'd balance out nicely. And again, canon bugs me enough that I wouldn't want to see humans using/adapting to sword technology before Halo 2...lol. The first HBO post I've made in forever is my review of 'The Babysitter,' where I mostly complain about its tendency to follow anime cliches to the letter, while not sticking to the canon well enough. My biggest complaint was Farrah Faucet hair...now everyone's [ie anime fanboys] making fun of me for being so up tight about such things. They claim 'artistic license,' even Frankie...although he doesn't defend the decision so much as he simply accepts it.

#14 User is offline   Reaper

• BRAU BRAU FIGHT DA POWAH
Icon
Spain
Interest:
Pervert

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Well... This is just my opinion, but back in the old days, it was funny when people were instabanned for no apparent reason other than the mods/admins getting flamed.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I was known as el_maska_45 in sonic cult. But I doubt anyone remembers me.

#15 User is offline   Cryomancer

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

For the record:

I don't use moderator powers for personal arguments, flame me all you want it won't get you banned.

I have played Halo. It was that one kind of ok PC game with the desert level that we played at the LAN party that one time and then remembered that we had UT99 and Worms World Party so why are we playing Halo?
And yes I have played it multiplayer on xbox, and yes i have played it singleplayer too.
You know what else I've played? Timesplitters. Halo doesn't matter while Timesplitters exists. Timesplitters, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark are the only console FPSes worth playing and oh look, they were all made by the same guys. And If they did have PC versions, I'd play those instead. Mouse and keyboard uber alles.

#16 Zeak

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

Awesome face on picture six. though it looks like he's looking up backwards or something.

#17 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

Related topic:

Link (Slowtaku)

The beta's boot-up sequence. theres something called "murder mode" too think stealth killing.

#18 User is offline   IxlairDark

• lolretro
Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostZeck, on 20 January 2010 - 11:48 AM, said:

Related topic:

Link (Slowtaku)

The beta's boot-up sequence. theres something called "murder mode" too think stealth killing.

'Murder Mode'. God damn that is a lazy name.

#19 User is offline   rdc

Icon
Canada
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostReaper, on 08 November 2009 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well... This is just my opinion, but back in the old days, it was funny when people were instabanned for no apparent reason other than the mods/admins getting flamed.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I was known as el_maska_45 in sonic cult. But I doubt anyone remembers me.

Ahh, the days of the Snifit Army are still fresh in my mind...

#20 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

Ok?...necrobumped but whatever. So since this leak, theres been a few 100 screenshots released and a gameplay/multiplayer trailer (jetpackslawl) the HUD has been changed from piss yellow ODST to normal spartan blue and the name "murder mode" has been changed to "assassination". but from what i see compared to what has released theres not much difference we will probably have to wait until the final is released to compare.

This post has been edited by Zeck: 19 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users