ugh,!#@$! <center&gt;&lt;h1&gt;&lt;b>DEAR SWEET BUTTERY

#1 User is offline   Phugolz

• فخر عبادة
Icon
Qatar
Interest:
Hated

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

DEAR SWEET BUTTERY CHOCOLATE JESUS SEGA STOP IT. STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

JESUS. They are making another Sonic collection. In a leaked Sega Document they talk about another collection of regurgitated fuckvomit. Read the document here

I wish to god Sega could be trusted with Sonic's copyright. Furries are a dying breed thanks to AIDS and you only have so many recolors to choose from. Reading this document made my asshole pucker.

#2 User is offline   rika_chou

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

>Seen it already a few days ago.

Sounds like is might actually be more than roms + emulator on a disk with nice menus. As they mention possible extra modes for the PS3 version...

#3 Hungry Lucario

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

Not sure why you are so upset. If you don't want it, don't buy it. You act like this is the only thing they are releasing in the future. They have project Needlemouse in there to help ease your asshole's pain.

#4 User is offline   Rez2

• Rez'd
Icon
England
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

Not sure why you are so upset. If you don't want it, don't buy it. You act like this is the only thing they are releasing in the future. They have project Needlemouse in there to help ease your asshole's pain.

Who said that project Needlemouse would actually be any good? it isn't finished yet, and for all we know, it could, and will be crap

This post has been edited by Rez2: 30 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

#5 User is offline   Phugolz

• فخر عبادة
Icon
Qatar
Interest:
Hated

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

it'll be crap. promise.

#6 Reluctant Sega Fan

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

This shit pisses me all different kinds of the hell off. As a longtime Sega fan, sticking with them through their dark days (CD+32X), to their darker days (Saturn), to their darkest days (Dreamcast), to their darkerest days (present), I can't fucking believe they would suck Sony's cock so hard despite Sony being the primary reason for their ultimate downfall (and their apparent obliviousness to Sony IPs). I would love to see DC games on current consoles...with one exception. I'm not buying shit unless it has a leaderboard or achievements/trophies.

#7 Reluctant Sega Fan again

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'm not stupid; I understand that it's easier and costs less to release a game via straight up emulation than waste the couple days of manpower to craft a leaderboard/add achivements...but fuck that. As far as I'm concerned, a full blown remake notwithstanding, once a 'retro' game adds leaderboards, achievements, and online multiplayer, I never have to buy that fucking game again. For example, having all the achievements/being the highest on my friend's leaderboards on Sonic 2 makes me feel the most accomplished I ever care to feel concerning that game. The main problem

#8 Reluctant Sega Fan again

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

is the lack of standards on the Playstation Network. Games don't require leaderboards period, and they only require trophies if they're PSN games. Instead, I see Sega and Sony simply releasing them with a separate classification so they no longer have to follow those rules. I can see the appeal of free money; upload old DC games and let the cash flow. And shit, I realize I'm in the minority, but fuck, I just wish they'd put a tiny bit of effort into it, you know? I just want to let people on my friends list know that I collected all the tags in Jet Grind Radio, is that too much

#9 Reluctant Sega Fan is out

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

to ask? I have all 3 current gen consoles, along with the handhelds. I've given all 3 players so much of my money, it makes me sick. The sad thing is, all I want to do is advertise their damn games! I want to get achievements in Skies of Arcadia so that people with similar tastes as I know that I played it and as a result decide maybe they'll buy it too. I want to play through Gain Ground and Space Harrier and have a high score posted to compare against my friends.<br><br>I guess if they released the ultimate version of a retro game though, they wouldn't be able to rerelease it...fuc

#10 User is offline   cool_boy_mew

• Heil Pokémon
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

You guys care that much about fucking archievements and shitty leaderboards? Really?

Man, what happened to gaming in the recent years?

#11 Reluctant Sega Fan is back

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

You say you guys...but it was only me. Far be it from me to declare that something that is new and different is also fun and exciting. If you're happy rebuying the exact same game on a new console with 0 new features whatsoever then by all means, go ahead. And for the record, gaming has been all but ruined in recent years thanks to digital nickle and diming/console exclusive features. &quot;Oh, you want to play through Sonic 1 backwards? THEN PREORDER THE PS3 VERSION! But you say you would rather play as Mario? THEN PREODER THE WII VERSION! Oh, you want an extra level? THEN&quot; y

#12 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Make an account please.

#13 User is offline   IxlairDark

• lolretro
Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

inb4 retro

Hey, it's Sega. What more can we expect from them these days?

#14 User is offline   AfroRyan

Icon
Interest:
Failure

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

View PostIUG, on 30 September 2009 - 06:10 PM, said:

Make an account please.

I guess it would probably upset you if I said I already had one but was too lazy to sign in, huh?

lol laziness on the internet.

#15 niggerbaby

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Fuck sega, this is retarded. Why does a few roms and emulators require a BD? <br><br>What does castlevania flip mode mean? Does that mean flipping everything upside down, like in SOTN? Because that would be stupid, many sonic levels (especially starting ones) don't have anything on the top. And levels like Launch Base Act 1 & 2 would suck upside down.<br><br>$99? This is the worst deal in gaming since the &quot;five hundred and ninety nine us dollars&quot; PS3.

#16 User is offline   rika_chou

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

;_;

You don't even know what would be on it yet. For all you know, it could have the dreamcast games on it too. Or even stuff added to the genesis games. Could even come with a neat Genesis shaped controller for the PS3 and 360. No one even knows yet.

#17 User is offline   Thundarbolt

• I WANNA DOWBLOAD THE GAME
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

View PostReluctant Sega Fan, on 30 September 2009 - 05:46 PM, said:

This shit pisses me all different kinds of the hell off. As a longtime Sega fan, sticking with them through their dark days (CD+32X), to their darker days (Saturn), to their darkest days (Dreamcast), to their darkerest days (present), I can't fucking believe they would suck Sony's cock so hard despite Sony being the primary reason for their ultimate downfall (and their apparent obliviousness to Sony IPs). I would love to see DC games on current consoles...with one exception. I'm not buying shit unless it has a leaderboard or achievements/trophies.

Yeah because holding a grudge and publicly hoarding exclusivity in a third party position is a wonderful business platform. You can't make shit personal in business otherwise you look really unprofessional and you'll pay for it. The whole reason Sony and Square got so big together was because Nintendo's president at the time was a complete asshole and said only basement dwelling neckbeards would play RPGs or CD platforms (in almost those exact words). Because of it they went from top dog monopoly to laughing stock in a few short years. Hell, the whole Sega vs Nintendo thing was all fanboy pissing contests and marketting. The second they werent in direct competition with each other they were BFFs.

Forced leaderboards is a stupid ass idea. A game developer should never be forced to include something in every game ever. Leaderboards only work in games that call for them, and even then its like "Woohoo! I'm the 17,000,000th best person at this one level of Arkham Asylum!".

Also why would you be a fan of something if all they ever have is a never ending dark age of shit?

#18 User is offline   AfroRyan

Icon
Interest:
Failure

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

View PostThundarbolt, on 30 September 2009 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostReluctant Sega Fan, on 30 September 2009 - 05:46 PM, said:

Yeah because holding a grudge and publicly hoarding exclusivity in a third party position is a wonderful business platform. You can't make shit personal in business otherwise you look really unprofessional and you'll pay for it. The whole reason Sony and Square got so big together was because Nintendo's president at the time was a complete asshole and said only basement dwelling neckbeards would play RPGs or CD platforms (in almost those exact words). Because of it they went from top dog monopoly to laughing stock in a few short years. Hell, the whole Sega vs Nintendo thing was all fanboy pissing contests and marketting. The second they werent in direct competition with each other they were BFFs.

Forced leaderboards is a stupid ass idea. A game developer should never be forced to include something in every game ever. Leaderboards only work in games that call for them, and even then its like "Woohoo! I'm the 17,000,000th best person at this one level of Arkham Asylum!".

Also why would you be a fan of something if all they ever have is a never ending dark age of shit?

I can't believe you believe that Square nonsense. They picked Sony because it was using a CD based media. They wouldn't have even wasted their time and money building that N64 FF build if they got their feelings hurt. Sure, Nintendo may have pissed them off...but it takes a HUGE leap of faith to believe they would have alienated nearly their entire fanbase based on nothing but a grudge. When it comes down to it, a company will do whatever makes the most sense and what is easiest. Square wanted the new Final Fantasy to have a CD quality soundtrack and have no size restrictions, so they made it for Playstation. But that brings me to the next point.

Unless the game takes specific advantage of the platform it was developed for (or is a first party title), there should be no reason to make it exclusive. By keeping it available on all platforms, you broaden the audience, you make all you fans happy, and BOOM you have a hit. I realize that currently that's a little hard...the Wii isn't nearly as powerful as the 360/PS3. As a result, it's kind of a double edged sword. They get plenty of waggle exclusives, but they miss out on all the "next gen" stuff like Soul Calibur 4, or Batman Arkham Asylum.

I hate timed exclusivity, it serves that ever present purpose of making people quick money. And as far as console exclusive content goes, I only accept it if it makes sense. Link is in Soul Calibur 2 only on GC? Alright, makes sense. Joker is only in the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum? WTF? Again, I realize this is a quick and easy way to make some cash, but...really? Gamers should not be punished because Microsoft/Sony want exclusive content. For the record, I bought Arham Asylum on PS3, despite hating the PS style controller for everything except games that allow the awesome d-pad.

I admit that being forced into anything sucks. I mean, why should a company be required to do anything as long as the game is fun, right? One word: standards.

Have you seen the crap that's been released on WiiWare? Nintendo has no policy regarding digital downloads, and so you end up with an endless ocean of crap with just a handful of tiny islands of joy. Still, being stranded on a fun island that's surrounded by crap still stinks. Seriously, by having no standards, developers have actually released as many non-games as they have games. It's sad that WiiWare resembles the Indie section of Xbox Live.

As far as leaderboards go, I'll concede that forcing them seems a bit extreme. However, the fact that they are super simple to program and implement is all but inarguable. It's a counter tied to a server that detects which number is higher (or maybe lower) than another. It would take less than a full days work to program it (although arguably it would take a bit longer to design its overall layout and test it) and takes up less than a MB of space. "Oh, but not all games have scoring methods!" you say. Who the hell cares? Make a speedrun leaderboard. Make a kill count learderboard. Or in the case of most of the point and click adventure games on XBLA, be creative and have a board based around the total unique lines of dialogue heard. The simple fact of the matter is, leaderboards help extend the life/replayabilty of games by creating live dynamic competition, even if the competition itself isn't entirely skill based. Sure, there may be people who don't care and trade in their copy of the game, but for every one of those people, there are 2 friends who are having a fun time trying to outdo each other who never trade their copies in. In the long run, it's a good business move and you know it. Also, forcing a leaderboard nearly guarantees that the software released for your service is GAME related, not some dress up doll toy crap...unless they make a board for total unique outfits on said doll...shit.

And lastly, did I say that those dark days were shitty? No I did not. Despite being Sega's endtimes, I think most of their Dreamcast era stuff is some of the best work they've ever produced. Admittedly, Sega CD/32X were rushed to market, and the Saturn was nothing but a shit fest (minus a few arcade ports, NiGHTS, and of course PANZER DRAGOON). Right now, despite releasing some of the worst crap this side of Sonic 2006, they have still managed to release a few gems like Valkyria Chronicles. Plus, rooting for the underdog is fun.

This post has been edited by AfroRyan: 01 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

#19 User is offline   Cryomancer

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

Seriously though for 100 dollars I want Segasonic arcade and a trackball controller. Nothing else is even gonna make me take another glance at this.

#20 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

I read Sonic Mega Collection + Sonic Heroes + Sonic Riders + Another already released shitty Sonic 3D game, but not Storybook titles nor Adventure.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users