• You cannot reply to this topic

Directx Tweaker Anyone use it before?

#1 User is offline   Zero254

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:23 AM

Has anyone used the tool Directx tweaker before?

I remember swapping some DLLs to make a non timed version of it because the dev just kinda stopped updated it after awhile.
I can post it if anyone needs it.

What the tool does is things like force resolutions and types of rendering and can lower pixel shaders or force the newest installed versions.
It does alot of stuff.

I forgot to add that it can dump shaders on some programs and force wireframe also.

Also it works great for improving the HORRIBLE Sonic DX engine. And it fixed the horrible renderer for me.

I forgot to add that it can force resolutions WITH refresh rate etc as well as other things like wireframe null rendering, post processing and lot s of other junk.

I feel my description lacks what it can do.

Common things such as setting driver versions etc enabling advanced gfx fuctions and disabling them. It goes down as far as things such as the stencils the driver even uses. Advanced tweaking program and not just some avg tool.

This post has been edited by Zero254: 19 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

#2 User is offline   Zero254

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

Deleted for self IUG realized that I was doubling this as a shameless bump for those who could not see the topic.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.....Anyways I'll post it on request since it seems to be discontinued. I have what I feel to be the most fuctional version. When I had my old ATI card in my system, I was able to force tru-form tesselation onto games. Even sonic adventure dx's atrocious engine worked with tesselation. Makes the character models look nice.

This post has been edited by Zero254: 19 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

#3 User is offline   IxlairDark

• lolretro
Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostZero254, on 15 January 2010 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostZero254, on 18 September 2009 - 05:23 AM, said:

Has anyone used the tool Directx tweaker before?

I remember swapping some DLLs to make a non timed version of it because the dev just kinda stopped updated it after awhile.
I can post it if anyone needs it.

What the tool does is things like force resolutions and types of rendering and can lower pixel shaders or force the newest installed versions.
It does alot of stuff.

I forgot to add that it can dump shaders on some programs and force wireframe also.

Also it works great for improving the HORRIBLE Sonic DX engine. And it fixed the horrible renderer for me.

I forgot to add that it can force resolutions as well as other things like wireframe null rendering, post processing and lot s of other junk.

I feel my description lacks what it can do.

There exists something called an 'Edit' button. It's this nifty tool that you can use so you don't have to double post. =D

#4 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, but that doesn't bump 4 month old topics.

#5 User is offline   Ignis

Icon
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

View PostIUG, on 15 January 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yeah, but that doesn't bump 4 month old topics.

Hahahahaha didn't noticed the first time xD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users