#41 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

View PostSSUK, on Jun 4 2009, 02:32 PM, said:

Uh, the game's out in Japan. I should know, I've been playing it. =P I even make reference to the final in the article.
I thought that would be the case, but I remember Wikipedia disputing that point. Now that I looked again I guess I just read May 30th and thought June 30th. Either way, I guess the point would be that collecting this E3 stuff would be vital for this site, even if the game is out (here) or not.

#42 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Alright, since no one is contributing, who wants to make a new badge like this:Posted Image or Posted ImageBut so that I can randomly assign it to people on days that no one contributes to the X-Egg (besides Phug). I figured I'll do this instead of banning people. It can be removed by a contribution. I was also thinking about making it so that if you're a Family member and this comes up, you are temporarily demoted for a week, or until you contribute. And if you're really unlucky and if you get the random number picked twice in a row, you get banned. It sounds nice and evil.EDIT: First member of the lottery is McAleeCh.

#43 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:16 AM

IUG, it must be said that is a terrible idea. I want people to contribute to X-Egg too, but forcing people like this isn't going to help at all. I think rewarding users who do post on the Wiki is a great idea, but punishing those who have yet to may just stop them from contributing at all.As I said before and has been used with the old X-CulT Egghead user group, we should have a X-CulT Superstar-like group to put notable contributors in.

#44 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

Alright, I thought it would just be funny. Besides, the odds of getting stuck with that are 1 in 3,000, and I think that means the odds of getting picked twice are 1 in 9 million. Maybe not the ban idea, but I think the group would just be funny.

#45 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Our newest members seem to be doing the most work. Robert_Kendo has uploaded a montage of shots from the Resident Evil 2 (also known as Biohazard 2) that show some levels that are lacking textures, objects, clutter, or may not be in the final version at all. See the full article.

#46 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hyper shows us some differences between early previews of this game, mostly dealing with character models.Click here for more comparisons.

#47 User is offline   Tiberious

• Furry. Deal with it.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

How do you recommend an article for deletion based on evidence something is actually used?At the end of this Final Fight playthrough video, the previously thought to be unused graphics make an appearance.They evidently are the reward for the moderately difficult task of beating the game with one credit.Since X-CulT deals with finds that are unused or changed before release in various games (see Street Fighter III), I move this article be deleted.

This post has been edited by Tiberious: 19 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

#48 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

segaloco (Formerly moar puddin) has gone through and spruced up some of the Sega systems' history pages. He's included some info for the Sega Genesis, and Sega Saturn. http://www.x-cult.or...sis_-_Megadrive http://www.x-cult.or...g/cat/16/Saturn

#49 User is offline   Laurenza

• Don't mess with moé girls with a cleaver. Seriously.
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Anime/Cartoon Fan

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Trying to contribute to the X-egg but failing miserably. I might just be being an idiot, but I'm trying to add a table to my page here but I'm getting a million line breaks between the paragraph text and the table, and I don't know why. I can't see a problem in my HTML. Is there a conflict with the page code, or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I've got some nice pictures I want to add to the article too, but till this is sorted, I'm at a bit of a standstill.

#50 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

Just taking a guess, but I bet if you're putting in carriage returns in between the html tags, it's adding them before the table. I'd copy that into notepad or something, delete all of the line breaks, and paste it back in. Maybe that would cut them out.

#51 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I just cleaned up the code. Took out all the line breaks, as well as the font modifiers and code that did nothing. Now there's no huge gap, and the page is probably about 50% leaner.

I'd also like to announce that the Egghead group gets some benefits for membership. I'm not going to disclose them all (and I'm not done adding perks), but one of them now is they can upload 10 times larger files than standard members to the board directly. There are a couple of other things but they're minor in detail but do some other things.

#52 User is offline   Laurenza

• Don't mess with moé girls with a cleaver. Seriously.
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Anime/Cartoon Fan

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

Excellent, thank you. I bow to your superior knowledge of HTML. Now I can finish my page!

EDIT: Working excellently now. Page all done! ^_^

This post has been edited by Laurenza: 29 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

#53 User is offline   boredom

Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Did my Bonker's for Genesis proto articles go unnoticed? :(

And FYI, this page for Mystical Ninja has a song that is used in the Japanese version:
http://www.x-cult.or...8/Unused_Music/

In the Japanese version at the 3rd world, you can go to a strip club, and that music plays. It was cut from the US version.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users