X-CulT Community Forums: Let's do the Mario, all together now! - X-CulT Community Forums

• (24 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's do the Mario, all together now! Too many animals to keep track of!

#1 User is offline   K2J

• ProbleW?
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Three things to share today. First, scans from Nintendo Power for Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.
Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4(Of course, the announcement and trailer were revealed just a short time ago).Kay seems to have a way of recreating crime scenes, so that ought to be interesting, if it isn't as half-assed as it was in 4-1.
Second, we have another NP scan, this time of an interview with Yuji Naka. A little bit of Sonic here and there, but it's mostly about what he's doing at Prope and how he develops games.And finally, we're a week away from what looks to be a really, really obvious confirmation of the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes.
The live action "variety show" that's all about those Pocket Monsters - Pokémon Sunday - recently announced that next week, there'll be a major game announcement on the show. Given that Coro Coro and Nintendo Dream have also been alluding to a "much-talked-about big title", this would be enough to set speculations onto the G/S remakes. But that's not enough for me to make a thread here. This is:Posted Image

The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement (sic), showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement's subject.
Source. This is so obvious. If it turns out to be a wrong prediction, it will be one of the most massive trolls I've felt in my whole life. There's been so many allusions, such as the fact that, in D/P/P's coding, there exists the possibility for a Mon to have its origin set at "Johto".Now if (and this is still speculation) a G/S remake is made, they'll have plenty of reasons to do so. Of course, there's the fan call for it, but it also makes sense in light of the DSi's release - it could potentially make it so you don't need any of the GBA games, or, more importantly, the Gamecube games. There's also a mysterious comment Oak makes about the white rock in D/P/P, and how there's a similar one in Kanto, when we've yet to see such a rock. You can see the whole shebang on fan speculation and reasoning here. Of course, for extra content, we have the obvious - new areas, and new subplots, probably involving Team Rocket. I'd personally like to see the area north of Kanto/Johto.What do you all think? Is this going to happen? Do you want it to happen? I realize the formula is getting pretty stale, but before we totally revamp the series for Generation V, I'd like to at least have my chance to fight Lance again (I never beat him in Gold due to some stupidity about saving during the E4 totally unprepared).
I hope you guys enjoyed my massive cross-post. I've got the whole issue of NP, by the way, so if you want Red Steel 2 or Mario & Sonic scans or something like that, let me know.

#2 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Need to remake Pokemon Crystal. Best Pokemon, imo.

#3 User is offline   K2J

• ProbleW?
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully they'll include the mobile adapter thing (using Wi-Fi, of course) in all regions this time around.

#4 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

Oh god PLEASE let it be a G/S/C remake.

#5 User is offline   IxlairDark

• lolretro
Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

The G/S/C series was always my favorite. I dunno why, but I fell for Johto. It also had the best Pokemon in the entire series, imo.

#6 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

View PostSSUK, on May 3 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Need to remake Pokemon Crystal. Best Pokemon, imo.
This. Give us both regions too instead of being stingy (See FR/LG on GBA)

#7 User is offline   cool_boy_mew

• Heil Pokémon
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

View PostK2J, on May 3 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

I'd like to at least have my chance to fight Lance again (I never beat him in Gold due to some stupidity about saving during the E4 totally unprepared).
You know, you could just get a Game Over and it will automatically bring you to the last poke center you've been with half your money gone?Heh, frankly I don't even want to hear about pokémon until Nintendo give it a total make-over. They have an awesome universe that they doesn't use to their fullest. I lost interest after G/S/C, new pokémons are half-assed, they make stuff like Lucario which I'm 100% sure they created over an old drawing of Mewtwo, Arceus the god who created the universe stupidity ... etc...I love G/S/C but I refuse to buy this other quick cash-in.

#8 User is offline   K2J

• ProbleW?
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

This. Give us both regions too instead of being stingy (See FR/LG on GBA)
Er, you were expecting Johto from a RBY remake? If they make a GSC remake, of course there's going to be both regions.

View Postcool_boy_mew, on May 3 2009, 08:52 PM, said:

View PostK2J, on May 3 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

I'd like to at least have my chance to fight Lance again (I never beat him in Gold due to some stupidity about saving during the E4 totally unprepared).
You know, you could just get a Game Over and it will automatically bring you to the last poke center you've been with half your money gone?
I was pretty young. I knew this, but I just gave up trying to train. It wasn't just levels, it was also team balance.

This post has been edited by K2J: 03 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

#9 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

View PostOverlord, on May 3 2009, 05:20 PM, said:

yesssssssss

#10 User is offline   S0NICQUOTER

• I have some unfinished business to take care of.
Icon
Interest:
Will still buy the next Sonic game

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

I'm getting excited!

#11 User is offline   Nova

• トップをだらえ!
Icon
England
Interest:
Weeaboo

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:47 AM

I'm with the majority here. Crystal is still my favourite Pokémon, and a fourth generation remake would be the mutts nuts.

#12 User is offline   Oshtoby

• Dance, Metal! Dance!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher
West Philadelphia, born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool, shootin' some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

View PostIxlairDark, on May 3 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

The G/S/C series was always my favorite. I dunno why, but I fell for Johto. It also had the best Pokemon in the entire series, imo.
Quoted for truth. Best land, best Pokemon, best games of the series. If this is a remake, I will reserve the Silver version so hard.

#13 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

View PostThe Government, on May 3 2009, 07:16 PM, said:

View PostOverlord, on May 3 2009, 05:20 PM, said:

yesssssssss
I loved that game so much, I used to play it without saving, and proceeding to start a new game each time I beat the Elite Four. Kanto always made me feel like I was replaying R/B/G. I like G/S for it's story, and C had some cool extra features, but G/S will always be my favorite. Also, you could use the GameBoy Printer to print your Pokemon's stats. I always loved that.EDIT: 1000th post, and it's Pokemon related.

#14 User is offline   Nova

• トップをだらえ!
Icon
England
Interest:
Weeaboo

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

I actually think in terms of gameplay mechanics, design and overarching structure that the fourth generation is the best series of games so far. Granted, I haven't got my grubby mitts on Platinum yet (Another 18 days to go) but as a set of games, D/P/P are just better than any of the others.In terms of which one I was most fond of at the time of release though, definitely G/S/C. R/S/E took away too much after it was added in G/S/C and D/P/P added a lot back.

#15 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

View PostNova, on May 4 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

R/S/E took away too much after it was added in G/S/C and D/P/P added a lot back.
not to mention hoenn and most of its pokemon are fucking awful

#16 User is offline   Nova

• トップをだらえ!
Icon
England
Interest:
Weeaboo

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

View PostThe Government, on May 5 2009, 04:34 AM, said:

View PostNova, on May 4 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

R/S/E took away too much after it was added in G/S/C and D/P/P added a lot back.
not to mention hoenn and most of its pokemon are fucking awful
That too, but I always tend to forget the rest of the R/S/E ones because Salamence was so fucking awesome.

#17 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

Is it bad that Emerald is my favourite Pokémon game? :(

This post has been edited by P.P.A.: 05 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

#18 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

View PostIxlairDark, on May 3 2009, 05:08 PM, said:

G/S/C was one of the best series and had some of the best set of Pokémon not to mention some of the best features that the other games don't have. R/S/E tried to recapture that but it didn't work out well and D/P/P just sucks i don't like 3D environments in my Pokémon!! A G/S/C in D/P/P format i wouldn't mind but i wish they could've done it in R/S/E format like how FR/LG was now all we need is a Blue/Yellow remake. And no LG doesn't count as a blue remake because the original Japanese set was Pokémon green/red and the special re-releases were blue/yellow in the US it was Pokémon red/blue and the re-release was yellow green was ignored. with FR/LG they went back to following the original set....

This post has been edited by Zeck: 05 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

#19 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

View PostP.P.A., on May 5 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

Is it bad that Emerald is my favourite Pokémon game? :(
Nah. It's better than Ruby and Sapphire for obvious reasons. Emerald was the reason that got me back into Pokemon after R/S/E's blocking communications with G/S/C. I didn't entirely feel like taking the massive leap from no links between Ruby and Sapphire straight away, and expecting a Middle version (Eg. Yellow, Crystal), i ended up getting the middle one.I wouldn't of minded a middle FR/LG but it'd mainly just be a cash cow being seriously raped and wouldn't / isn't / hasn't entirely been needed.

#20 User is offline   Nova

• トップをだらえ!
Icon
England
Interest:
Weeaboo

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

View PostZeck, on May 5 2009, 04:49 PM, said:

View PostIxlairDark, on May 3 2009, 05:08 PM, said:

G/S/C was one of the best series and had some of the best set of Pokémon not to mention some of the best features that the other games don't have. R/S/E tried to recapture that but it didn't work out well and D/P/P just sucks i don't like 3D environments in my Pokémon!! A G/S/C in D/P/P format i wouldn't mind but i wish they could've done it in R/S/E format like how FR/LG was now all we need is a Blue/Yellow remake. And no LG doesn't count as a blue remake because the original Japanese set was Pokémon green/red and the special re-releases were blue/yellow in the US it was Pokémon red/blue and the re-release was yellow green was ignored. with FR/LG they went back to following the original set....
Pokémon Blue is exactly the same as Pokémon Green, as far as I'm aware.

• (24 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users