X-CulT Community Forums: Sonic Adventure 1 Super Sonic mod. - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sonic Adventure 1 Super Sonic mod. That's right, for the DC not SADX.

#1 User is offline   GrandMasterJimmy

• Dongs
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

Posted ImagePosted Imagehttp://www.youtube.c...re=channel_pageNot perfect, but it's annoying to get right.http://www.fileden.c...onicmodv1.0.rarReplace the files in a SA1 nonselfboot disk image.Copypasta from Retro.

#2 User is offline   Oshtoby

• Dance, Metal! Dance!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher
West Philadelphia, born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin', all cool, shootin' some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Neat.

#3 User is offline   Valfore

• I'm waaaiiittting
Icon
Australia
Interest:
Anime/Cartoon Fan

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Anyone know of any tutorials to add these files to the Non selfboot image and then make it Selfboot?, all my attempts so far have failed and i'm abit noobish on the dreamcast non/selfboot stuffEDIT: Btw i wanna get this running on NullDC

This post has been edited by Valfore: 13 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

#4 User is offline   GrandMasterJimmy

• Dongs
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Download Bin2Boot, all you have to do is drag the sonic.bin onto it, and it makes selfboot.

#5 User is offline   FatalFart

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

View PostGrandMasterJimmy, on Jan 13 2009, 08:49 AM, said:

Download Bin2Boot, all you have to do is drag the sonic.bin onto it, and it makes selfboot.
Hey. I dont understand self booting and shit. When i want to edit a file i end up using a hex editor on the CDI which takes too much time. Ok. Say i have a CDI, how would i get it down to a state where the files are easy to access and edit and how would i return it back to a CDI to play on an emulator? Thanks.

#6 User is offline   GrandMasterJimmy

• Dongs
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

For SA1, screw CDI. Just get a bin/cue image, edit the files, save and drag+drop onto bin2boot. Pretty much the fastest possible way. If you plan on doing that to any other game, your shit out of luck, it doesn't work. I've tried at least 20 games, and I cannot edit any others except SA1. It's possible to do it, but I'm just to lazy to figure it out.

#7 User is offline   FatalFart

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

View PostGrandMasterJimmy, on Jan 22 2009, 11:20 PM, said:

For SA1, screw CDI. Just get a bin/cue image, edit the files, save and drag+drop onto bin2boot. Pretty much the fastest possible way. If you plan on doing that to any other game, your shit out of luck, it doesn't work. I've tried at least 20 games, and I cannot edit any others except SA1. It's possible to do it, but I'm just to lazy to figure it out.
Ahh well... Thanks anyway!Well now i know i can hack sa1 with ease. But i will leave that to you since i could never do things like model hacking like you did.Speaking of which... Is SA1 model files similar to SA2 model files? PRS's i think.Because i have an idea. If i can change a SA2 model into a file that is easy to edit, then change it back to a prs, i MIGHT be able to get it back in the game. If you ever can edit a file from SA2, i will be very grateful if you shared the information on how to do it.I have heard of that PRS compressor and decompressor that i think you made, but i have no idea how to use it. I used all of my google powers but never found any help. I remember once seeing a page ages ago explaining that you have to use CMD or something. Ahh well. Keep up the good sa1 hacks!

#8 User is offline   GrandMasterJimmy

• Dongs
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

The SA1, and SA2 model formats are not the same. Also, the PRS format is not a model format. It's jsut a compression format. The real file is a binary file, so it needs unpacked before you can get to the model data. Just look around the net for a .prs decompressor, and compressor, mine is the same thing as others, but partly broken. There's a thread about the SA2 model format on this forum somewhere, by SaNiK. And yes, you use command prompt.

#9 User is offline   raylyd

Icon
Wales
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

i am new on these forms am i allowed to ask for links sorry if i am not allowedi have a dreamcast dev box would be cool as i run my games of the hdd so my gd-rom lasts for 1000 years

This post has been edited by raylyd: 07 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

#10 User is offline   Kaos

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Yay, SA1!That aside, its a pretty cool mod. As you've said, its not perfect, but it is pretty good.The first thing I noticed that was off was a slight bug when his head kinda...wiggled...for like a second.But yeah, nice work, and keep it up!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users