SADX model import/export Done right this time

#21 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

View Postkhorney, on Nov 27 2008, 10:48 AM, said:

i was musing this before, but you know the way that old shadow mod had new level geometry, would it be possible to use the extracted '06 levels (i believe Gen has them)? obviously gimmicks etc.. would have to be worked around, but it would make an interesting proof of concept
Shadow adventure only had deleted geometry, not new geometry. What you're suggesting is currently beyond my knowledge.

View PostUsernamehere, on Nov 27 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

From what I remember, editing level geometry has the same limitations as editing character geometry, you can only move vertex positions.though that's only from my own experience, it could be possible Dude figured out another way to edit levels, but I doubt it.
QFT - Today I started cracking a new collision data struct, but I'm very, very far from having it completely figured out. So far its just a bunch of bitflags that let you do things like shut off alpha blending, change surface properties, etc. I managed to turn the sand from emerald coast into lava though.

View PostMIkeTC, on Nov 28 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

View PostGrandMasterJimmy, on Nov 28 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

Impossible. SA1/DX has the worst rendering engine known to mankind. It would crash and lag like shit if geometry like that was imported.
If your good enough you can get around limitations like that, or you could try changing the Renderer to a more powerful one.
Entirely unfeasible. While its true that nothing is impossible, no human could practically accomplish what you're saying.

This post has been edited by Dude: 28 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

#22 User is offline   MIkeTC

Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:15 PM

I don't think that entirely true, because if you know the programing platform the game is run on it wouldn't be too hard to change the game's renderer, or anything else for that matter.

#23 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

View PostMIkeTC, on Nov 28 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

I don't think that entirely true, because if you know the programing platform the game is run on it wouldn't be too hard to change the game's renderer, or anything else for that matter.
I believe you're misinformed. To do that you would need the program source files (uncompiled renderer and other instructions)... which we don't have. The only alternate would be to completely disassemble the game with assembly, and go through the whole thing with a fine-tooth comb, figure out the entire code and then write a new renderer that is completely compatible with the game's physics engine, all in x86 assembly.Not a task for a single human being.

#24 User is offline   MIkeTC

Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yes now I get what your getting at, but when you were first contradicting me you used "No Human" Instead of "No Single Human" which made me completely misinterpret what you were trying to say.

This post has been edited by MIkeTC: 28 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

#25 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

Posted Imagehai guys wats goin on

#26 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Oh, awesome. I'd love to know how you managed that. Whenever I tried, I only got crap like this:Posted ImageI also did some work on cracking the camera format a while back, and should have my notes somewhere. I didn't get awfully far with it, but the results were intersting-ish. Slightly. Jez might have the notes if I dont.

#27 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

View PostBlue Blood, on Dec 4 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

Oh, awesome. I'd love to know how you managed that. Whenever I tried, I only got crap like this:missing.jpgI also did some work on cracking the camera format a while back, and should have my notes somewhere. I didn't get awfully far with it, but the results were intersting-ish. Slightly. Jez might have the notes if I dont.
I did some work on the camera format myself, and have a few constants plotted out - my problem is documenting all of the camera behaviors. I added you on msn so we can compare notes if you'd like. If the add didn't go through, add me at "dude(dot)dudeness(at)gmail(dot)com"Also, updating the topic a little:Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Dude: 11 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

#28 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

BAMP.Also, go download demo 1. Its ready. See if you can beat the old 2 minute A-Rank time. Also, somebody give this to SadysticMystic, I wanna see if he can do it.And yes this goes on top of a full sadx install, not a demo install... Sorry guys I didn't feel like porting a shitload of exe edits to the demo version.GO!

#29 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Awesome, I may be able to help out with texture stuff. Been wanting a good reason to mess with photoshop's new "Seamless painting" feature.

#30 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

stuff I didn't write:guide to the model formatStuff I did write:I'm going to start posting more of my incomplete findings... mostly for completeness sake.Earlier tonight I stumbled upon the loading cue, if you will, for special-use geometry in emerald coast. By special use, I mean sky boxes, death planes, water, etc. Anything where the code goes beyond simple "render this, read collision data". The problem with this is that I think its mostly program instructions and not variables, and even the tiniest alterations are crashing before I can even note their effect.I also found three references to the skybox - which corresponds to the amount of times it is used (once per segment), they reside at:
keyed pointer value 17019504Instances:101137210117751012025
The loading function seems to process things in chunks (obviously), and interestingly enough it uses the byte 0x68 to determine where the end of one chunk is, and where the beginning of the next one is. However, it isn't consistent whatsoever, and editing things inside of the chunks isn't doing anything productive at all (even copy-pasting data from similar objects is causing the loader to crash) I think this is where geometry objects that are instanced (ie: more than one copy of exactly the same thing). Also, the examples I listed above are pretty simple, but still confusing the hell out of me. I know it works a little something like this:
chunk markerpointer to seg structunknown (seems to be one byte and two shorts?)chunk marker
Now I realize I'm probably the only person who gives a damn about this game, but I'm at a block here with the loading routine. If someone else could take a look into it, I'd be very appreciative.Objects that don't fall under the special use category aren't listed here, but rather go under the collision structure (which is what I'm using for my level edits btw) How the game calculates collision (and also surface properties) is as follows:start with 3 coordinates for an origin. Use the 4th float as a radius, and make a detection sphere using this data. The game constantly checks to see if sonic is inside this sphere, and if he is, it'll run the following surface properties. You can set basically any object to from non-solid to solid by making the flags read 01001080
Collision dataUnfinishedStruct Collision Data 0x24Float X position; //Float y position; //Float z position; //Float Spheresize; //Float Unknown; //Float padding; //Dword Objectpointer; // points to OBJECT structDword Unknown; // Short Unknown flags; // 01Short Surface Flags; // These can hurt sonic, support sonic, take traction, etcUnknown flags0 - no collision1 - default2 - weird alphaSurface flags (first byte)type1x = can land on2x = push3x = push4x = Kill sonic5x = no alpha, no col6x = water7x = lighting8x = Stage Specific on/off (EC footprints)9x = normal surfbehaviorx0 = normalx1 = hurtx2 = low tractionx3 = hurtSurface Flags (second byte)Visibility1x = invisible (still solid)8x = visibleAlpha blendingx0 = normalx1 = blending mode 1x2 = blending mode 2
Also, here's some tidbits on the player starts
=========================Spawnpoints - better known as 'player starts', these define where in a map to start the player. Spawn point entries are always 0x14 bytes long=========================short x_rotation; // rotation values might not really be stored here, just a guessshort y_rotation; // short z_rotation; // short segue; // seems to affect how the spawn point is interpreted. Editing this can cause the player to start at 0,0,0float x_position;float y_position;float z_position;
And Sonic's 'attack' state. This address jumps around, so I'm not going to list it until I find a pointer address.
00 - completely vulnerable, no jump ball.05 - attack mode, can't be hurt by enemies, but not invulnerable. Jump ball will show if this is active02 - light dash charged and holding, sonic will glow.
Material Struct - keep bugging me to update this, so I'll actually do it================================Byte Blue_Diffuse; // This is the amount of blue light to add to the diffuse (texture) channelByte Green_Diffuse; // This is the amount of green light to add to the diffuse (texture) channelByte Red_Diffuse; // This is the amount of red light to add to the diffuse (texture) channelByte Alpha_Diffuse; // This is the transparency for the texture channelByte Blue_Specular; // This is the gloss or specularity, blue channelBtye Green_Specular; // This is the specularity, red channelByte Red_specular; // This is the specularity, green chanelByte Alpha_specular; // This is the transparency for the specularityFloat unknown; // seems to act like a float most of the timeByte TexID; // this is the pvr to load... not a gbix - I think the gbix is interpreted somewhere in the pvm caching functionByte SomethingImportant; // crashes when put to FFByte unknown2[3]; //Byte unknown3; // seems to be Ax (x being a variable)Byte Spheremap; // first bit - U clamping, second bit - V clamping. Set to 21 to get normal uvs, set to 66 for screen mappingByte EndOfStruct; // always 94
edit: More structures added, fixed material struct it was horribly outdated.

This post has been edited by Dude: 03 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

#31 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

bamp. youtube video. Ice cap this time, just a preview of part 2 in its more completed state than before.http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tuKILc6kVbMoh and a preview of the new emerald coast edit:Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Hinchy

• i mean it!!!!!!!!!!1
Icon
United States
Interest:
Nuisance

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:54 AM

Dude just put out a new Sonic RDX demo. It's amazing.http://x-hax.cultnet...RDX_Preview.rar

#33 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:21 AM

Just thought I'd post some proof that not every sadx mod is total fail:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eU_Iz5Wx7xE
download link is there too, have fun with it.

#34 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

Wow.

#35 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

That's mighty impressive.

#36 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

That's damn nice. Ice Cap looks pretty bleak there and it must be said, that's awesome.

#37 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Neat stuff.

What's the second music track you used, btw? The one that plays during the Ice Cap edit =P

#38 User is offline   Dude

Icon
Puerto Rico
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

View PostOverlord, on 08 August 2009 - 12:59 PM, said:

Neat stuff.

What's the second music track you used, btw? The one that plays during the Ice Cap edit =P

I'm not sure how accurate the label is, but I got it off limewire and the filename is "Cradle of Filth - Bloody Tears.mp3"

#39 User is offline   K2J

• ProbleW?
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Oh wow, I sort of forgot about this. I'm amazed how the areas have been edited so much that they're (at times) not always clear what they were in the original.

#40 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

View PostDude, on 08 August 2009 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostOverlord, on 08 August 2009 - 12:59 PM, said:

Neat stuff.

I'm not sure how accurate the label is, but I got it off limewire and the filename is "Cradle of Filth - Bloody Tears.mp3"

A bit of Googling reveals it's Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Bloody Tears. Ta =P

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users