Wii/GCN backup loader. lol, Nintendo.

#1 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

<a href="http://gizmodo.com/5049885/" target="_blank">http://gizmodo.com/5049885/</a><a href="http://kotaku.com/5050343/" target="_blank">http://kotaku.com/5050343/</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6glrbzIAU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6glrbzIAU</a>Yeah. Not finished yet but soon to be released. While I usually oppose piracy, there's so much shit on the Wii that it's not really worth the fuzz. I'll be sure to get it once it's released and I found a cheap Twilight Princess or one for rent.Hey, that means I can play Sonic and the Black Cock without having to pay SEGA for making another awful Sonic game!

This post has been edited by GrandMasterJimmy: 14 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

#2 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

Dirtster / Raggak mentioned this to me yesterday. I took little notice of it, but considering he recently lent me LoZ:TP and i installed the homebrew channel; i may consider getting this.I have an 8gb microsd so it should be good. I wouldn't mind downloading all the shitty Wii ISO games (Hi Carnival GameS) and having a mess with them. It's what i do with my DS (Hi Imagine: Teacher and Crazy Frog Racer).

#3 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

You know, buying Twilight Princess before I even had a Wii for £20 was probably the best investment I ever made with the Wii. I've never seen the game at that price (new) since.The problem is, I like to support the 3rd party on the Wii. Especially when they make good games for it. Unfortunately, there's a LOT of shit on the Wii, trying to shift through it all without a demo service like the PS3 and 360 has and Nintendo's reluctance to release demo discs just makes buying overly-priced software for the Wii a terrible experience. I feel I'll use this as I used the R4, use it for hacking and a try-before-buy basis. I bought more titles on the DS by pirating them first, THEN buying them. Fantastic titles I would have overlooked like Soma Bringer and Subarashiki kono Sekai without the R4 there.Also, expect firmware 3.4 to be released in a month's time blocking newer Twilight Hack and the Homebrew Channel. Expect new Twilight Hack and Homebrew Channel within a week after that update. It's like the PSP all over again, only I actually own the console at hand this time. =P

#4 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

I love how all support and attempts at PSP piracy and the homebrew scene are only challenge by re-releasing the psp with minor hardware modifications. First PSP original, lots of updates, then PSP slim, little updates, then PSP 3000.To me, Sony MUST be taking the approach of "Software sales suck; due to piracy, we'll keep making hardware". Not only that, but the games coming out for PSP are dwindling more and more. I think it's safe to say that Sony will keep fighting pirates and the homebrew scene, but the only chance i'd give them is by releasing a PSP2 or the like with non-exploitable firmware and better bug-checked software. The PSP was fucked from the second it got hacked.The Wii however, isn't. Nintendo are on the ball; at the moment. Let's see how this folds out eh?

#5 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Nintendo are on the ball? Please. They've released exactly ONE firmware that was designed to block the Homebrew Channel and that was broken in what, 3 days?I for one welcome this app as it means I can buy import games and not have to pay NoE's fucking rip-off prices.

#6 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

OL; we've yet to see Nintendo preventing this continuous, so i guess it can it can be taken out of context.And Gecko OS has been able to run region free on Wii for a couple of months now. This ISO loader wouldn't make a difference, unless you're torrenting these import games. :P

This post has been edited by Hinara: 16 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

#7 User is offline   ICEknight

Icon
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

View PostHinara, on Sep 16 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

I have an 8gb microsd so it should be good.
But this is a backup loader, not an ISO loader. You need to modify the ISO a little and then burn it to a DVD, no SD streaming allowed.It takes a while to load Super Mario Galaxy with this method (reading at 3x against 6x, I think), so it would take ages if it used the SD slot, or even the Wii's slowass USB ports, so that's something they haven't even looked into, as far as I know.

#8 User is offline   bolt7

• I am Iron Chap.
Icon
England
Interest:
Writer

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

As much as I'm sick of the Wii's pretty much piss poor game line-ups, there's still a couple of things out there for the console I'd like to try, but just don't want to pay £40 for. That and my Wii's currently nothing else but a £180 paper weight at the moment.Would be interested in doing this but, I wouldn't have a clue how to even get the Homebrew channel on my console. If it doesn't involve opening the whole bloody thing up however, I'll all for it.Hinara: Cheers. v

This post has been edited by bolt7: 16 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

#9 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:46 PM

Wii Brew will help you hack a wii. In quick man terms:Load hacked save of Twilight princess (must have game or borrow it)Loads file from SD cardInstalls homebrew channel from SD cardHomebrew channel loads up files similar to the homebrew channel loaded via Twilight princess. In simpler terms, it allows booting of homebrew files without the need of Twilight princess again and again and again ect.

#10 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

View PostICEknight, on Sep 16 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

It takes a while to load Super Mario Galaxy with this method (reading at 3x against 6x, I think), so it would take ages if it used the SD slot, or even the Wii's slowass USB ports, so that's something they haven't even looked into, as far as I know.
Well, it also depends on the media used. Most of the videos of the ISO loader to come out so far are using the same media I use to burn to disc. Mr.DVD shit. They're of CRAP quality. Of course, if there's information I'm not aware of about this slow down, then pardon my ignorance.

#11 User is offline   Cryomancer

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

So how easy is it to remove this stuff when you want to? If I can do a simple on/off installs maybe I'll look into this now.

#12 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

Deleting the hombrew channel is as easy as deleting a Virtual Console channel. System - memory - Homebrew channel - Delete.Re-installing it requires LoZ:TP again, and runs the 0.01% bricking risk apparently.

#13 User is offline   ICEknight

Icon
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

View PostSSUK, on Sep 17 2008, 12:00 AM, said:

View PostICEknight, on Sep 16 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

It takes a while to load Super Mario Galaxy with this method (reading at 3x against 6x, I think), so it would take ages if it used the SD slot, or even the Wii's slowass USB ports, so that's something they haven't even looked into, as far as I know.
Well, it also depends on the media used. Most of the videos of the ISO loader to come out so far are using the same media I use to burn to disc. Mr.DVD shit. They're of CRAP quality. Of course, if there's information I'm not aware of about this slow down, then pardon my ignorance.
In this case I'm positive it's just a hardware limitation when using this method.

#14 User is offline   atx250

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:26 AM

Leaked.http://gbatemp.net/i...=104722&st=1050http://wiinewz.com/f...der-leaked.html

#15 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

Since this uses a common key which is valid only for Wan's cIOS, wouldn't it technically be possible to use the pre-exsisting common key with this re-signer and run the homebrew off the normal IOS? Probably not, but I'm sure someone will find a way to get around installing the cIOS.EDIT: This is only valid if what I've read's true and it requires Waninkoko's cIOS.

This post has been edited by SSUK: 19 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

#16 User is offline   Ultima

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Musician

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

Did he really discontinue it? Wow, that sucks :P

#17 User is offline   cool_boy_mew

• Heil Pokémon
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

Yeah he really didhttp://wii.waninkoko.info/Wow seriously, he gives it to a bunch of guys then expect it won't get leaked? Hahaha

#18 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#19 User is offline   SSUK

Icon
Little Planet
Interest:

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

View PostThe Government, on Sep 19 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwww
My sentiments exactly. This guy is throwing a hissy fit over a leak... For something we was going to freely release anyway. It doesn't matter anyway, if he doesn't finish it, someone will make a ISO loader which works with the current firmware, without using his cIOS.Either way, now pirating me some SatSR to test this thing out with. Like fuck I'd buy this game.

#20 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

bugger, so has anyone here got the leaked version working? would have been awesomer if it could do GC games aswell. good thing i just bought a 50 drum of TDK DVD-r's for ass cheap for my PS2, might just give this a go too

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users