• You cannot reply to this topic

Yep, it's back Britfag TV at it's finest

#1 User is offline   Stoko

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'm refering of course, to Doctor Who. Catherine Tate, while mildly annoying, wasn't half as bad as a) she was in the Christmas special or b) I was expecting. The fat babies were cute, there were no plotholes that jumped out glaringly, and if that episode counts as one of Billie Piper's three, then that's such a rip off. Major question then, I guess, is this:Which is better, God Rose or Ghost Rose? Or are they in fact one and the same? Or, did Rose burn up a sun just to say goodbye see some fat babies?You may infer from this post that I'm drunk, or hopped up on sugar. I am in fact neither, unfortunately, this kind of rambling crap is just normal for me =PSo, discuss. Doctor Who that is, not my overthinking of it.

#2 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:01 PM

I wasn't expecting them to throw Rose in this quick, but if this IS one of her 3, don't expect her back until 4x12. =PAlso, taking bets on how long it'll be before those fat babies are available to buy as plushies. =PNot a bad start to the season, Tate wasn't as screechy and annoying as usual, looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds and Dalek CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN's inevitable involvement in the season finale. :)

#3 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

I just felt compelled to come in and shit on your thread because us amerifags still have five more grueling months until Heroes season 3.fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

#4 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

View PostThe Government, on Apr 5 2008, 11:48 PM, said:

I just felt compelled to come in and shit on your thread because us amerifags still have five more grueling months until Heroes season 3.fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Yeah but even then, season 2 sucked so hard the writer BAAAAAWWWW'd about it. What hopes are for season 3?

#5 User is offline   The Government

• la belle dame sans fucks
Icon
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostHinara, on Apr 5 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

Yeah but even then, season 2 sucked so hard the writer BAAAAAWWWW'd about it. What hopes are for season 3?
Actually, the fact that Kring came out and admitted it was bad and understood why, along with the fact that Season 3 is looking really cool so far, gives me quite a bit of hope for it. I think we're gonna be back in awesome mode this year. If not for the WGA strike, the second half of season 2 was probably gonna be pretty great. The virus was originally supposed to break out and major shit was supposed to happen, but they had to change the ending and skip that whole idea because every writer was BAWWWW'ing at the time.If Heroes disappoints us yet again, at least we can take comfort in the fact that Lost has pretty much pulled its head back out of its ass and ABC has guaranteed that it will have a series finale in 2010.

#6 User is offline   Stoko

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

View PostOverlord, on Apr 5 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

I wasn't expecting them to throw Rose in this quick, but if this IS one of her 3, don't expect her back until 4x12. =PAlso, taking bets on how long it'll be before those fat babies are available to buy as plushies. =PNot a bad start to the season, Tate wasn't as screechy and annoying as usual, looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds and Dalek CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN's inevitable involvement in the season finale. :)
I remember reading somewhere one of her three was 4x11. And yes, plushies of those are a must =P

Yes, but unless my internets were lying to me, they're starting production very early, meaning that when it does come back it'll have much less in the way of annoying hiatuses. And also, they're apparently saying it'll be bumper-sized, to make up for the bite-sized season 2. So that, IMO, surely makes up for having to wait five more months for it. Not to mention it's not just you Amerifags waiting for it, I want new Heroes too ;P And new Lost, Scrubs, Smallville, Bones, American Dad, 24, Eureka, Stargate Atlantis, Terminator... You might've guessed I don't watch much British TV =P

#7 User is offline   doc eggfan

• The search continues...
Icon
Australia
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Baw! I hate these threads, I get all the spoilers before I see it on TV. Baw!Yes, I could download them, but I'm a traditionalist. Besides, if no one watches them on TV, ratings go down, and good shows get pushed to bad timeslots. Within the space of about 4 weeks, Terminator got shafted from 8:30pm prime time to 10:30pm because everyone dowloaded the entire first season.

#8 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

View Postdoc eggfan, on Apr 5 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

Baw! I hate these threads, I get all the spoilers before I see it on TV. Baw!Yes, I could download them, but I'm a traditionalist. Besides, if no one watches them on TV, ratings go down, and good shows get pushed to bad timeslots. Within the space of about 4 weeks, Terminator got shafted from 8:30pm prime time to 10:30pm because everyone dowloaded the entire first season.
Unless you're one of those Nealson families, I don't think they know when you're watching. I don't know if they're allowed to see what you're watching with a cable box, I think you still have to opt in for this. I of course expect to be fully wrong on this. Also, Heroes is a yes.

#9 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:53 AM

View PostIUG, on Apr 6 2008, 04:54 AM, said:

View Postdoc eggfan, on Apr 5 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

Unless you're one of those Nealson families, I don't think they know when you're watching. I don't know if they're allowed to see what you're watching with a cable box, I think you still have to opt in for this. I of course expect to be fully wrong on this. Also, Heroes is a yes.
It's not monitoring, it's just they count how many people are watching the channel at any given time. This practise has been used in TV since... Forever. http://en.wikipedia....ce_measurement)It's like counting how many people go through a turnstile at a big sporting event, they're not interested in you personally, they just want to see how many people go through to see how popular the event is.

#10 User is offline   Cedar J

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Musician

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

View PostStoko, on Apr 6 2008, 01:49 AM, said:

I want new Heroes too ;P And new Lost, Scrubs, Smallville, Bones, American Dad, 24, Eureka, Stargate Atlantis, Terminator... You might've guessed I don't watch much British TV =P
Win. Didn't know you liked such ledge shows Ms Stoko :P Well apart from SGA which we talked about ages ago lol. How did you find Season 4?

#11 User is offline   hxc

• spotteddove
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

One of the worst episodes of the New Doctor Who ever. Predictable, undramatic, and just downright boring. Very disappointed.

#12 User is offline   Avast Blaster

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

I have to admit, you could almost tell whats going to happen at every given turn. I didn't like the story either, it seemed like it would fit better in the Xmas special given some working.I'm just gonna be a fag here and post an obvious spoiler, I'm looking forward to The Doctor's WTF when he sees his kid in episode 6 (called Jenny), i think thats when the good storyline will kick in ^^

#13 User is offline   Stoko

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

View Postdoc eggfan, on Apr 6 2008, 03:31 AM, said:

I do apologise, next time I'll put *SPOILERS* in the heading ;P

View PostIUG, on Apr 6 2008, 04:54 AM, said:

I didn't know that Nielsen crap existed outside of America. Or at least I don't think it's over here, no idea about Australia. Here they just tend to say "6 million people watched..." rather than "it got a Nielsen rating of 0.72 which means not many of the fraction of Americans we monitor watched it so it must be a bag of wank".

View PostCedar J, on Apr 6 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

Win. Didn't know you liked such ledge shows Ms Stoko :P Well apart from SGA which we talked about ages ago lol. How did you find Season 4?
I quite enjoyed it =P I've heard some people pan episodes like the one with Keller, McKay and Carter trapped down a hole, but I liked it. Developed the characters a bit, showed some humour, it was a bit of a divergance from the norm, all good stuff. And the finale? Well, time travel stuff has always hooked me, so I was pretty much guaranteed to love that. Personally? I'm hoping Season 5 opens with him turning up in the future again, this time greeted by a holographic Sam telling him that the first time they tried to fix history, he and his team died because McKay was too eager.EDIT: Since when are you not allowed more than three quotes per post? I get it's probably supposed to prevent quote pyramids, but that's pretty gay.

#14 User is offline   Veotax

• This is my angry face.
Icon
England
Interest:
Failure

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

I didn't love it, didn't hate it either. Tate was pretty bearable, so that's a huge plus.I probably giggled a little too much at the Adipose using the Taxi's bonnet as a slide, though.

#15 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

IM IN UR UNIVERSE, STARIN INTO UR MIDDLE-DISTANCEYou can't be observed what you're watching on vanilla TV in this country, people. Sky, BT Vision & Virgin, or a service that can also send data, yes. Freeview and analogue, no.Also, I want Heroes and Stargate: Atlantis back, damnit =(

#16 User is offline   doc eggfan

• The search continues...
Icon
Australia
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

I do apologise, next time I'll put *SPOILERS* in the heading ;P
No need to apologise. Even if you did that, I wouldn't be able to help myself.

EDIT: Since when are you not allowed more than three quotes per post? I get it's probably supposed to prevent quote pyramids, but that's pretty gay.
Yes, I agree.

#17 User is offline   Dave0

• PIERCE THE HEAVENS
Icon
Scotland
Interest:
Pervert

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, was Heroes: Origins ever taken off hold after the delay due to the Writer's Strike? I was kind of looking forward to Kevin Smith's episode.

#18 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostDave0, on Apr 6 2008, 01:18 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, was Heroes: Origins ever taken off hold after the delay due to the Writer's Strike? I was kind of looking forward to Kevin Smith's episode.
Last I heard, the series was canned

#19 User is offline   Nova

• トップをだらえ!
Icon
England
Interest:
Weeaboo

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

I saw half of it, I got back from Belgium later than expected (We came out of the EuroTunnel back to England it was like a fucking wall of snow so we had to stop... On the bike, it's near impossible to see shit in that kind of weather) so I only got a chance to watch as much of it as possible before I had to pack my stuff into a bag and head home.Guilty, however, I laughed at the Doctor-to-Tate hand signals bit. =P

#20 User is offline   Infiniti

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

View PostAvast Blaster, on Apr 6 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to The Doctor's WTF when he sees his kid in episode 6 (called Jenny), i think thats when the good storyline will kick in
Well thats a new one on me...The only big spoilers I got were back in oct/nov time, that Davros was comming back and that Sally (season 3 episode - Blink) was going to be in the new season, but i've not seen anything to back this claim up with (yet).

View PostNova, on Apr 6 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

I laughed at the Doctor-to-Tate hand signals bit. =P
Yea I had to laugh at that too, because you knew the other people were watching them, and it was just funny waiting for that moment when they relised they were being watched.I'm still not 100% convinced about Tate, but I have a feeling I might start to like her a little more by the end of the season.SPOILER
Spoiler

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users