X-CulT Community Forums: The Best and Worst Sonic Games - X-CulT Community Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Best and Worst Sonic Games As told by Game Trailers

#1 User is offline   Spindash54

• HOLY SHIT! I changed my avatar!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:38 AM

http://www.gametrail...ayer/29711.html

#2 User is offline   F-Man

Icon
Canada
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

That would be Screw Attack.I'm glad they share my opinion on why the hell can't new 3D Sonic games have the same perfect controls as in Sonic Adventure. They had it right the first (and second) time, and then they had to change it??

#3 User is offline   Candescence

Icon
Australia
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

Wait a minute, I actually LIKED Sonic R and 3D Blast. They were way better than Sonic 06, that's for sure.

#4 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:32 AM

no SA2? ;_;in hindsight, SA is absolutely awful, but i guess it was pretty good for the time, but i always find that SA2 is still fun to play now

#5 User is offline   rika_chou

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

God, that video is awful. While I do agree with some of it, like S3K, SA1, and SCD being in the top..there was no mention of the wonderful gamegear games. And...Sonic Advance 3 in the top five? :( 1 or two, maybe, but 3?Also, Sonic R for worst? A much better choice for worst would have been Heroes.

#6 User is offline   RyogaMasaki

• if you could SEE what i SEE
Icon
Kazakhstan
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

90% of this was right, except R and Advance 3. There's much worse and much better. (needed more Chaotix mentions)

#7 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

What the shit? Sonic R is awesome! The music is great, the course design simply fantastic and it all has a lot of charisma. The only thing one could complain about is that there are only 5 courses, but otherwise this game is brilliant.What's so great about SA1 I don't see. I mean, it's not abad game. It's cool and stuff. But it also has a lot of flaws (hi Big), and tbh I think Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06 (shoot me) are superior. I do agree on Sonic CD though. Best game ever (with Super Mario World) for me.

#8 User is offline   Kogen

Icon
Canada
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

It's more of entertainment for dumb masses than it is truth. That's why something like Sonic Advance 3 got in the list. I don't know how they can leave out the biggest game in the franchise, Sonic 2; it's like leaving Mario 1 out of their Mario list.Sonic the Fighters and Sonic R aren't nearly as bad as a bunch of other crap, though. I'd rather play them again rather than playing through Shadow, Sonic 2006, Sonic Drift, and so on. Do they even realise you need to use L/R to turn and you can remove the vocals from Sonic R? And how could you have SA2 in the top 5 list, knorney? The five games on Genesis/MD alone make it unworthy.And how can P.P.A. be such a fag and like Sonic 2006? Sonic Adventure, so far, is the only 3D platformer I even liked a lot besides Spyro 1; the rest are all crap on release or just aged horribly.

This post has been edited by Kogen: 16 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

#9 User is offline   P.P.A.

• <I>ω<I>
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

View PostKogen, on Jan 16 2008, 03:08 PM, said:

I don't know how they can leave out the biggest game in the franchise, Sonic 2; it's like leaving Mario 1 out of their Mario list.
Overrated I say. Though I guess I'm all alone with that opinion.

And how can P.P.A. be such a fag and like Sonic 2006? Sonic Adventure, so far, is the only 3D platformer I even liked a lot besides Spyro 1; the rest are all crap on release or just aged horribly.
I like Sonic 06 because of the good controls (boarding and mach speed parts aside), the open level design and the great soundtrack. And while the graphics are technically bad, they do have quite some style to them. In total it's definitely better than Heroes or Shadow (which is not really hard though), although the long loading times, broken gems,boring city strolling and overall unfinished feel made it worse than it could have been.Though Super Mario Sunshine > all.

This post has been edited by P.P.A.: 16 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

#10 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

View PostKogen, on Jan 16 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

And how can P.P.A. be such a fag
People with less than 10 posts shouldn't bandwagon.

#11 User is offline   ray

• cause i'm rad radical
Icon
Australia
Interest:
Artist

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

i refuse to believe there was any other sonic games released after sonic 2,that way i don't have to listen to a bunch of retarded faggots pretending to be sports announcers.

#12 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

View PostIUG, on Jan 16 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

People with less than 10 posts shouldn't bandwagon.
It isnt bandwaggoining if its the truth

#13 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:40 AM

View PostSazpaimon, on Jan 16 2008, 10:30 AM, said:

It isnt bandwaggoining if its the truth
I didn't say it wasn't true. I just don't like these new people acting like they're some hot shit on the forums.

#14 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

View PostIUG, on Jan 16 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

I didn't say it wasn't true. I just don't like these new people acting like they're some hot shit on the forums.

Since when is lurking for 2 years new.

#15 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

I don't study profiles in-depth. I saw 9 posts. Do you want a knee-jerk mod or not? FINE, I WAS WRONG, YOU HAPPY NOW? Logs on to livejournal.com

#16 User is offline   Triped

• JEWS CAUSED ME
Icon
Finland
Interest:
Failure

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

I would rather play OLD GAME or NEW GAME rather than any VERY NEW GAME This is the sequel phenomenon (OCCURS ALSO OTHER THAN ONLY IN GAMES).EVERY NEW THING SUCKS ASS RATHER THAN BEING THAT GOOD OLD NICE GAME WITH NICE STORY, But i don't think Sonic 06 was that shit, expect Last Story. OH WAIT, WHERE IS SONIC 06 FROM WORST LIST? Wait, that doesn't deserve to be worst, it deserves to be second worst, and first worst would be GBA version of first Sonic. GOD. THAT IS F-RATED CERTIFIED BULLSHIT.OH GOD. GBA CAN'T EVEN RUN THAT GAME. IT SLOWS DOWN, SLOWS DOWN. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. YEAH. VERY MUCH. Spindash ability gave key to win game in split nanosecond, which wasn't really enjoyable.But anyways, i don't have anything agaisnt Sonic, but i do have to new games. I don't blame the story or something else. I don't blame voice acting. I blame world.WHOLE WORLD.CRY CRY CRY RANT RANT RANTAlso, why Sonic R is first at worstIt wasn't even bad. I enjoyed it. Althrough it had shit controls, but i do agree that music is sometimes repetive.IN THE HOOD I END THIS FAILURE ARGUMENT I HAVE GRADUATED MYSELF AS FAILUREPRRRRRROMOTION

#17 User is offline   Kogen

Icon
Canada
Interest:

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

You certainly talk about post count a lot, IUG.P.A.A., are you sure you actually played the game? Try climbing a wall with Rouge and then honestly say the controls are good after it takes you 5 minutes to get off the wall. I could probably give you multiple examples with every move each character has in the game to prove how terrible the controls are. Also the graphics are good, anyone who thinks they're DC aged graphics, like GameSpot(this being a fat guy who shaves once a week) are clueless - they're unfinished in places but good overall.

This post has been edited by Kogen: 16 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

#18 User is offline   Triped

• JEWS CAUSED ME
Icon
Finland
Interest:
Failure

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

If i remember correctly, GameSpot rates all games nearly F-Class because of small bug.

#19 User is offline   Kogen

Icon
Canada
Interest:

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:31 AM

I completely understand why IUG makes those comments now.

#20 User is offline   Triped

• JEWS CAUSED ME
Icon
Finland
Interest:
Failure

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

OH WAIT I BANDWAGONEDNOW I'M HOMOSEXUALGod damnit, Bobby!To be serious, yes, i copy shit from other people, since i can't be original most of time.

This post has been edited by Triped: 16 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users