Dementium: The Ward

#1 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

(Images hosted on my server until I get X-CulT FTP access back.)Dementium: The Ward is the first game from newcomer game studio; Renegade Kid. The team is made up by a handful of veteran Nintendo 64 developers, which made them very comfortable developing their first game on the Nintendo DS. However, they were developing an M rated video game for a console which has very few M related titles, fearing the game would be a big flop on the console, most publishers turned away from the game. Things weren't looking good for Dementium until small-time publisher; Gamecock took up the title in North America and the game was eventually released on 31st October 2007. Renegade Kid released very little media for Dementium: The Ward and as a result, it's been hard to find any prototype pictures, but here's what I got.Posted ImagePosted ImageLeft: Prototype picture showing off an old user interface style. In the final, the game uses metal-like buttons (as seen in the right shot), in the prototype it used a masking-tape/bandage like button.Posted ImageAgain.Posted ImagePosted ImageLeft: Prototype notepad, Right: Final notepad. Not much difference, take no notice of the "HELP!" message, it was altered for that shot, as the text clearly says it had "WHY DID YOU DO IT?" written on it as like in the final.Posted ImagePosted ImageThese are the once-infant child, wall climbing enemies, however these seem to be a bit wider than they appear in the final.Posted ImagePrototype map menu. The map itself is identical to the final, however in the final the bottom edge looks more like the notepad final screen above.Posted ImagePrototype title screen, will try and find or acquire a final shot of this later.EDIT:Also, not so much proto discovery but fun to know anyway. Part way through the game you hear weird noises, someone took the time to reverse these sounds and found that the sound is actually someone just whispering; "I am whispering now". Oh well...http://www.ssukstudi...rd_reversed.mp3http://www.ssukstudi...m_reversed2.mp3

This post has been edited by SSUK: 01 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

#2 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

Well, I can honestly say I've never heard of this, so it can;t have been promo'd that well, no. =P Any good, at all?

#3 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

The game's pretty cool, yeah. The control scheme has it's flaws, but overall the game is very enjoyable and manages to scare the shit out of me. But then again, I am a very jumpy person anyway. =P I'd say go look at some of the promos for the game, but all the official ones blow. I think IGN has a few gameplay videos for you to view. But this game + dark room + headset = Awesome atmosphere. No word on any non-US release yet, I doubt we'll see it outside America anyway.

#4 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

saw a review for this in Edge, it just had a couple of murky flashlight screens though, and as i don't have a DS, i didn't take much notice. does look interesting though

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users