X-CulT Community Forums: Another wonderful technial question - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another wonderful technial question Using your Monitor for consoles

#1 User is offline   Sagebeat

Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

I get it, I figured it out, its easy, its good. Biggest problem. Sound?I know my monitor is capable of sound, as it has its own little music and tunes for when I play with its settings, yet theres no jack on it nor the xbox as far as I can tell that will let me imput any type of sound device, be it speakers or headphones.Has anyone else done this before? is there a way?

#2 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Tried SCART? What video output are you using, at least? That would help =P

#3 User is offline   Narstyle

• #CulT banned for lyfe
Icon
England
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:46 PM

I also want to run my PC and Consoles through one Visual / Audio output device, unfortunatly, the only way i know about doing it is forking out £200 for a LCD TV which has both SCART / RGB input aswell as a PC VGA input port, so that it can have the PC on it, aswell as a scart device (Consoles ect) and aerial with built in freeview.I really want one, but my Dad wants me to save up the shit I get from work for university. Oh well.

View PostOverlord, on Oct 6 2007, 09:23 PM, said:

Tried SCART? What video output are you using, at least? That would help =P
YOUR INTERNETS. WHY ARE THEY STILL HERE? D:

#4 User is offline   Sagebeat

Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:10 AM

Sorry about that, i'm going from my 360 to my Monitor with the 360's HD cable hook up, its got RGB, but the thing is, its splits off into a RGB and a RYW (red yellow white durrrr) and I can get sound if I:Plug the RGB into my monitorPlug the RWY into a television.I hear the game from the tv speakers, and see it on my monitors, so I assume I could simply get an adapter to make my RYW hookup go into a pair of speakers with that tiny green wire. I just dont know what kind of adapter i'd need. HALP

#5 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:06 AM

http://forums.sonic-...o...=3308&st=20Dunno if this is the same

#6 User is offline   Trunks

• The user of the unloved Mac.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:40 AM

My 360's running through a VGA cable, and I've got the audio parts hooked up to a system selector which switches between my computer, an audio out, and the 360's audio. I know that they make a component/svideo/rca to VGA convertor or two, but they cost a bit.

#7 User is offline   Atomic Penguin

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:23 AM

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2103367I think this is the only option if you want to hear the audio through the monitor, which I'm assuming the "green wire" is a 1/8" because that's what most monitors with speakers have(the same size as a headphone jack). You would just plug the red and white audio cables into the two female ends, and the 1/8" into the monitor, the only problem is that it's going to be mono. I have a similar set-up only the opposite, my computer plugs into the tv using component cables, and I have a y-cable that plugs into the headphone/speaker jack and splits it into the red/white rca cables so i can plug it into the tv as well.

#8 User is offline   Sagebeat

Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:35 AM

Thanks a shitload, I didnt know the tech terms for the green wire, but you hit it on the head. Mono's not a problem if im getting spanky mother fucking HD picture.

#9 User is offline   epon

Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

You could convert the RCA cables (the Red/White audio ones) to the headphone jack and plug it into your computer's LINE IN (you could also use your MIC, but I don't suggest it)... Then have your PC speakers spit out the 360s volume.::shrug:: Dunno why you couldn't just do this... it'd cost less than 5 bucks for the adapter.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users