• You cannot reply to this topic

ahx2wav 0.14 mod Decode SA2 Voice files

#21 User is offline   sonicblur

Icon
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

View PostHerman2000, on Aug 6 2007, 08:47 AM, said:

Ya know, I use ahx2wav 0.10, and it\'s working just fine with SA2 and Heroes\' AHX files...
Just checked the source code, and you're right. That's because 0.10 doesn't check to make sure the file you're decoding is even AHX.But then again it also doesn't support wildcards either, which is a pain in the ass if you plan to decode everything at once.As mentioned in the poorly translated readme, in the newer versions (probably same time he added wildcard support) he checks to make sure the file is AHX before converting. However, he only allows one ADX header version to work as input. I just got rid of the version check from the ADX header, so it's still checking for ADX and AHX, but all versions of it work as expected.

#22 User is offline   podryw

Icon
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

View Postultima espio, on Aug 6 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

No sorry i meant AFS2ADX.
That shit sucks. Find AFSExplore 3.7 or higher. It's on a soccer game hacking site or some shit.

#23 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

AIX was being worked on by me.. I have used the AIX to ADX extractor from http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html - unfortunately the only AIX files I had at that time were the ones from the Riders PC version and I wasn't able to track the channel mapping of those AIX files.. if someone would help me out a converter of AIX to 5.1 channel audio format (OGG for example) would be possible I guess.My idea was:1. split AIX in three stereo ADX files (done by aix2adx)2. convert ADX files to WAV3. split WAV files in mono WAV files4. order WAV files correctly5. merge WAV files to 5.1 channel WAV6. convert 5.1 channel WAV to ___ (insert format here like OGG)while points 1,2,3,5 and 6 are no problems getting the right order for point 4 is really problematic.If someone could give me AIX file where it should be absolutely hearable I would immediately relive this project although I cancelled it 6 months ago (all code deleted yet it would be quickly reconstructed!)

This post has been edited by Link: 07 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

#24 User is offline   Hyper

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

Sorry for the bump, but I figured someone could go throw these up onto the SA2 section.http://guardianhyper...identDialog.mp3http://guardianhyper...otnikDialog.mp3

#25 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

View PostHyper, on Aug 13 2007, 08:59 PM, said:

Sorry for the bump, but I figured someone could go throw these up onto the SA2 section.http://guardianhyper...identDialog.mp3http://guardianhyper...otnikDialog.mp3
We are working on an upload soon, individual files, but nice to see someone spliced them together, I wonder if you timed them right.

#26 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:31 AM

Sorry to bump myself too.. I decided that I will revive my AIX2??? converter... however.. what do I need.. AIX files.. yeah, it's that simple.. I need many so that I can check whether the channel mapping I use is correct.Thanks

#27 User is offline   Cryomancer

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

This also works for Leisure Suit Larry MCL if anyone cares to know.Link, wasn't AIX already figured out? I converted the AIX from Rent-a-Hero xbox a long time ago.

#28 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:26 AM

View PostBorisz, on Sep 9 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

AIX has some kind of halfassed converter from that gamecube audio player thingy, but its a converter and not a straight down PLAYER. What I want is to just pop them into foobar and play.samples:http://evilboris.son...net/!trash/ADX/
I think Link already made his converter, but then again I'm not sure if those are AIX2 or not. I will try some of those files right now though Borisz.Both 41_VF.AIX and opening_bs.aix worked wonderfully, OP.AIX did not work, so I will point Link to the file. What is opening_bs.aix from? It just sounds awesome!

This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 10 September 2007 - 01:37 AM

#29 User is offline   senkel

Icon
Japan
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:30 AM

Wow, nice work. Any luck developing a WAV->AHX tool?, will be really useful!

#30 User is offline   sonicblur

Icon
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

View Postsenkel, on Oct 22 2007, 08:30 AM, said:

Wow, nice work. Any luck developing a WAV->AHX tool?, will be really useful!
I didn't make this, I just modified an open source program to work with SA2 Battle's files.This IS mentioned here and in the readme.Going the other way shouldn't be too difficult. He modified an open source MP2 decoder to pull it off, and code isn't very big. It should just be a matter of figuring out what he changed, and modifying an MP2 encoder appropriately.

#31 User is offline   Superrayman3

Icon
United States
Interest:
Theorist

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

View Postultima espio, on 06 August 2007 - 08:55 AM, said:

Where are you getting the AHX files from? I can't find them in my iso.

are you using a ripped iso or raw GDI data if your using a ripped iso then your screwed because compressed afs files lose their file naming and extenions for some odd reason however a raw GDI of the game should have the AHX files within the afs files hope this helps I had the same problem

#32 User is offline   Superrayman3

Icon
United States
Interest:
Theorist

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

I've got a problem with ahx2wav I open the command prompt I input the directory of ahx2wav "C:\Users\Superrayman3\Desktop\ahx2wav_v014mod>" now here's the problem I type "ahx2wav 0001B001.ahx" but when I hit enter it doesn't give me a wav it just puts me back at this "C:\Users\Superrayman3\Desktop\ahx2wav_v014mod>" and my ahx is in the same directory as ahx2wav am I doing something wrong or whats going on?

This post has been edited by Superrayman3: 08 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users