• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ahx2wav 0.14 mod Decode SA2 Voice files

#1 User is offline   sonicblur

Icon
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

A few weeks ago, I started writing a program to decode AHX files. I had spoken to the author of the WinAmp in_cube plugin, and he informed me that AHX files were based on the MPEG Layer 2 Audio standard. He also informed me that he thought such a program already existed.I searched around later, and found out that he was right. The tool ahx2wav does already exist, it came out a few months ago. You can find it here: http://gomaigasane.b...g-entry-19.htmlHowever, it did not work with the Voice files in Sonic Adventure 2. Since it's open source, I've released a modified version of the program. It's been tested an works with Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes .AHX voice files. Since the original is GPL, my modified source is also included.Here is the download link: http://projects.sapp...wav_v014mod.zipI don't have time to write much more now, but here are a few interesting finds.From the SA2 ending, voice files 678 to 683 are unused.

Secretary: "There's an emergency message from the space bureau. They are tracking the space colony's re-entry trajectory, and it seems to have re appeared in quadrant L1." President: "You know, when I was a kid, I used to dream about heroes like them, and their heroic deeds"Secretary: "Mr. President. That's why.. you should be like them. Never give up believing in your dreams"
There are some more, such as 2305 is Omochao "Am I annoying you?".Perhaps someone else can post more of the interesting ones. Sorry for such a brief post, but I figured it would be a good idea to post this now as I won't have time to write up a more complete post for awhile.

This post has been edited by sonicblur: 02 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

#2 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

Sonicblur, a winner is u! :DBeen looking for a prog like this, you made my day. Just testing the program now. Nice finds and lol for Omochao: A: "Damn Fucking right you're Annoying me!"btw, Any chance/thoughts of making a repacker in the future? (Importing Custom sounds & all that...)

This post has been edited by divx2k60: 03 August 2007 - 12:19 AM

#3 User is offline   Dark Sonic

• Alright I'm done here. Ban plz
Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:09 AM

Someone post a list of every unused saying in the game, I must investigate

#4 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

163 - A freaked out, Alternative take when Knuckles sees King Boom Bo (different actor?)

#5 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:01 AM

we have a winner.. that's awesome, I am already checking out it's cool.. thanks, sonicblur!

#6 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:27 AM

Now if only that proto/press demo of SA2 dreamcast didn't have fucked up voice audio... =/Anyone mind upping the AHX files from SA2 to rapidshit or something? Don't have an dump of SA2 on me atm.

#7 User is offline   podryw

Icon
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

View PostDark Sonic, on Aug 3 2007, 01:09 AM, said:

Someone post a list of every unused saying in the game, I must investigate
Uh, why don't you investigate by listing all the unused lines in the game? Or did they change the meaning of investigate again?

#8 User is offline   Dark Sonic

• Alright I'm done here. Ban plz
Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:42 AM

View Postpodryw, on Aug 3 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

Uh, why don't you investigate by listing all the unused lines in the game? Or did they change the meaning of investigate again?
Ehh, I'm lazy, but you're right. I suppose it wouldn't be "investigating" if someone did it for me now would it?

#9 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

View PostSSUK, on Aug 3 2007, 03:27 AM, said:

Now if only that proto/press demo of SA2 dreamcast didn't have fucked up voice audio... =/Anyone mind upping the AHX files from SA2 to rapidshit or something? Don't have an dump of SA2 on me atm.
Surprisingly, the press demo converted successfully. All Omochao audio and audio over speakers is completely unrendered. Also, it doesn't have all those sinewave audio files, instead, it has corresponding Japanese audio.Eh, for the hell of it, I will include some of the unused audio clips:Extended cutscene from the "Last" story:Secretary: "The space colony is still accelerating toward Earth. In five minutes, there will be no way to stop it."President: "Nothing can stop the colony now."Rouge: "Mr. President, don't give up just yet! Sonic and his friends can still help us!"Secretary: "I've located the two hedgehogs; they're in the lower quadrant. The space colony has entered the Earth's atmosphere and is accelerating."President: "That's ridiculous. There's no way two hedgehogs can stop the colony now."Amy: "They can! I believe in them! Together they can do it; I just know it!"(used audio) Sonic: "No way that's getting through!" ect......(used audio) Shadow: "Maria... This is what you wanted right? This is my promise I made to you."Secretary: "There's an emergency message from the Space Bureau: They are tracking the space colony's re-entry trajectory, and it seems to have re-appeared in quadrant L-1"President: "(slightly chuckles as he says first word) Y-yaknow, when I was a kid, I used to dream about heroes like them, and their heroic deeds."Secretary: "Mr. President... that's why.. you should be like them... never give up... believing. in. your. dreams."(used audio) Rouge: "Where is Shadow?" ect......(used audio) Tails: "We all did it together!"(used audio) Eggman: "You're right."Tails: "Where are you going!?"Eggman: "Next time, I will pull this off without anyones help. I will use my own power to take over the world."Eggman: (quite angy and quite serious, forceful) "Next time we meet, all bets are off!"Tails: (very angry and very forceful) "Same here!"(used audio) Knuckles: "So what's next for your Rouge? Off again to find those jewels you love so much?"As for most of the other unused audio, it's shitloads of Omochao. Some personal favorites include:"I want to wind a spring.""Did you know the doctor's mustache is fake?""I have a stomach ache.""Don't play a T.V. game over one hour."(surprised) "My allowance is all gone!"(sad) "Don't make fun of me""I wonder how Big is doing?...""I'm resting now""Chao are so cute"(quite sarcastic, and my absolute favorite) "It's not easy to give you a hint.""Made in the U.S.A. for our fans.""Chao! Chao! Cha!""I lost my contact lenses!"(annoyingly) "Am I annoying you?""Omochao knows everything!""Omochao wants to be chao"Then there's a FUCKTON of Omochao going over the various Chao gardens, none of witch I recall being in the game... mainly because..."You can download a new scenario of Chao Adventure from the Library.""There is also the Black Market, where you can download a lot of surprises!""Visit the parks and classrooms, where you might meet some new friends from around the world.""To visit the Chao Kindergarten, you have to go online. Make sure to ask to ask your parents first. The Chao Kindergarten is so much fun!"(sadly)"The Chao Kindergarten is soo much fun! Omochao wants to go to the Chao Kindergarten!""Welcome to the Chao Kindergarten!""You forgot your Chao! Kindergarten for Chao only please!""Bring your Chao here! It's a lot of fun!"Neat stuff. Neat stuff.

This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 05 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

#10 User is offline   Aquaslash

• WHAT?!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hated

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

Someone PLEASE upload the SA2 voice files.In the mean time, I'll use this on the Heroes ones.

#11 User is offline   Herman2000

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Theorist

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:47 AM

Ya know, I use ahx2wav 0.10, and it\'s working just fine with SA2 and Heroes\' AHX files...

#12 User is offline   ultima espio

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:55 AM

Where are you getting the AHX files from? I can't find them in my iso.

#13 User is offline   Herman2000

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Theorist

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

You have to decode the AFS-file containing the AHX files, first using AFS2ADX or something like that. It\'ll convert them to ADX, even though that\'s not quite correct, seeing as those files are AHX-files. Just convert these \"ADX\" files to waves using \"ahx2wav\" then.

#14 User is offline   ultima espio

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Have you got AFS2ADX on you? My google searches lead me back to this topic.

This post has been edited by ultima espio: 06 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

#15 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

View Postultima espio, on Aug 6 2007, 07:37 AM, said:

Have you got that on you? My google searches lead me back to this topic.
If you mean ahx2wav, check the OP

#16 User is offline   ultima espio

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

No sorry i meant AFS2ADX.

#17 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

View Postultima espio, on Aug 6 2007, 07:48 AM, said:

No sorry i meant AFS2ADX.
Even though it's almost on every Dreamcast utilities site, here you go. It's almost the single most used tool in the DC scene, as downsampling the ADX files within the AFS is how people manage to burn selfbooting games onto a single CD.EDIT: If you EVER need anything Dreamcast related, this is the best place to go.

This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 06 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

#18 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:30 PM

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on Aug 6 2007, 08:13 AM, said:

Even though it's almost on every Dreamcast utilities site, here you go. It's almost the single most used tool in the DC scene, as downsampling the ADX files within the AFS is how people manage to burn selfbooting games onto a single CD.EDIT: If you EVER need anything Dreamcast related, this is the best place to go.
word of warning, I tried that .com file on Vista x64 and it gave me an architecture error. You sure that file is x86/x64 or is it 16 bit?

#19 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

If it's a .com file, there's a good chance it probably IS 16bit. Didn't .com files die out years ago for anything even APPROACHING regular use?

#20 User is offline   Donzimme

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

View PostSazpaimon, on Aug 6 2007, 12:30 PM, said:

word of warning, I tried that .com file on Vista x64 and it gave me an architecture error. You sure that file is x86/x64 or is it 16 bit?
It's 16-bit, and Vista will not run it simply because Microsoft didn't include a subsystem (MS-DOS) in Windows Vista. You may be able to download a MS-DOS boot disk and run it from there.Edit: Try running it on DOSBox, an x86 emulator w/ DOS that should work on Vista

This post has been edited by Donzimme: 06 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users