• You cannot reply to this topic

Extra Stages SADX Project First Beta Added

#1 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

(This post will be updated when need be)Here it isIt's not complete, but the core layout is there plus a new camera so the whale chase is possible. I'm releasing this part of the hack publicly because it's my first real attempt at something like this. I have had a couple guys test it, but now I just want to see what everyone else thinks, what I need to fix and the other stuff I should do.Remember though:1. The stage is empty of most decoration because they make the file a mess. They'll be added when I'm happy with the rest of it.2. The ring layout is somewhat test like. It may change somewhat.3. For the most part you can't just glide to take a shortcut where ever you want.4. There are no new textures for Big's EC. I just haven't gotton around to it yet.5. The new camera is from Twinkle Park segment 1. You have to control it yourself but it makes the whale bridge chase possible.I need people to tell me everything good and bad about this hack. What needs to be fixed and what could be added. All suggestiongs and critisism welcome!

This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 09 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

#2 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

Hacking Cult has some:http://www.hacking-cult.org/?r/25I see that the pics aren't showing, thought :/

#3 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

That's exactly my point. That there IS Dude's guide that I'm talking about, but pics are absent. It used to be on these forums too, though I remember that having rex X's over it and I haven't been able to find it in a while.

#4 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

A nice start you have here, I look forward to more on this.As for Dude - I know he hasn't been around here in ages, but he's the perfect person to talk to on this - I bet he knows some stuff he hasn;t written down. =P Anyone know where he lurks these days?

#5 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Thanks. I am willing to research some stuff myself, but his guide was very helpful in the past. I'm sure he has plenty of stuff that he hasn't written down in guides because he has said nothing about "death points" within them, but he mentioned it in topic a while back- they're stored with the stages model IIRC.

#6 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

Update. FileFactory is now officialy Gay, so enjoy RapidShare :P link1. The missing 7 pics in the adding rings tutorial (don't have the "How to Add a Dash Panel" pics)2. Character Modeling for sonic adventure DX (from SADX Hacking Community) Seems they don't exist anymore, or I can't find the link on google to their forums.3. "showingall.obj" Sorted Model pieces from chrmodels.dll for easy searching the desired model pieces (check Dude's Character Modeling Tutorial) . Not entirely sure if this is from the demo or Final version.The old board should have Dude's tutorial, It's a long shot, but maybe the screens are intact there. Btw how do you access the old boards again, I forgot :/ ?

This post has been edited by divx2k60: 02 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

#7 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

Ah, thank-you so very much! This is exactly what I was looking for. And I'll be sure to update this post/make a new post later for you. And I'm sure the pics won't be present on the old board because last time I looked there the pics didn't exist.UPDATE: I've done it! I accoomplished the addition of new objects and changed the value of an item box. (Deafault is Speed Shooes, changed to 10 Rings)3 rings added here, you can see the palm trees.Posted ImageAmongst the trees is the item box.Posted ImageAnd here we have the spikey balls.Posted ImageAlthough there are no pics of this yet, some parts of the stage rely on Knuckles' climbing and gliding skills. For example, at the bridge near the start Sonic had to hit a load of springs but Knuckles glides across.Next on my to-do list is object rotation, but that'll have to wait until tommorow because I'm off to bed now.

This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 03 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

#8 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Lookin' good... :)

#9 User is offline   Ice God

• Do it with your dying will!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

I'm all for this project, things are going great, it seems!

#10 User is offline   Infiniti

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Yea, It sure looks intresting!

#11 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

This could be a modifying revolution, great job :) My eyes are pleased.

#12 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

Now that I've got object rotation done I shan't be showing new pics so often. But anyway, here is the first extra route I've added:Posted ImagePosted ImageObviously you don't have to take this route, I just wanted to make another one.Over at the hut you can see:Posted ImageThe next hut on. And the sping in the air (will be placed on a platform) takes you over to the land you see.Posted Image

#13 User is offline   saddamsdevil

Icon
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

Almost makes you want to look up unused places doesn't it? XDI see grand possibilities here.

#14 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

wow, this is awsome, have you gotten around the second half not working with knuckles yet?

#15 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:23 AM

No, but there may be a way around that. I think the game has has the starting points for each character stored within a stages model, so if I get around to that I may be able to put one in for Knuckles. If not, I could put in more springs and such to make him get up on the land. The other thing I hope to figure out is how to make a character appear just in a specific segment of te stage- for example, Tails enters Windy Valley segment 3 straight away.Oh, and I've put a spring into Station Square right by the Emerald Coast entrace so you can go there as Knuckles.

This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 05 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

#16 User is offline   SaviourDCX

Icon
Australia
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

This is heaps cool! keep going! I hope to see more (btw megaupload link says this "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." but hopefully that'll change)

This post has been edited by SaviourDCX: 16 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

#17 User is offline   JohnnyUK

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

Whatever you do, don't call it Purple Paradise. Please.

#18 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

Uh, why not? I like alliterative names, and unless you come up with a better one it's staying.

#19 User is offline   r42or

• F K ... In the Coffee.
Icon
Sweden
Interest:
Writer

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

How about "Indigo Ocean" or something?Anyway, got any more pics? Not trying to push you or anything, jsut that yuo'd say you'd show pics "more than often", and I'd like to know your definition of often ;)

#20 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

I said the opposite. And as a matter of fact, Knuckles first segment of EC is almost done and I don't know if I'll do a second. And nextup I want to do Amy's Windy Valley, but that's when the problem of odd starting points comes annoyingly into play...

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users