X-CulT Community Forums: Sonic the Hedgehog - X360!!! - X-CulT Community Forums

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sonic the Hedgehog - X360!!! I now officially love LUA!

#1 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:35 AM

I now officially love LUA!Why?Well, I got my X360 modified a few days ago (I actually refused to do in the beginning but I found out I have a Samsung drive.. and I was bored.. SO NEVER MEET ME WHEN I'M BORED ;) ) and got a PC DVD drive which can dump the game discs (I am not into warez, just in case anyone asks). Well, I dumped some games I had reburnt them in a modified for testing.. meh, most games are absolutely unmodifyable because the developer can decide which files are protected in the Security Sector of the X360 disc. And well.. however, developers do not need to protect all files.. only the main executable must be protected.And thinking of a lazy developer: StH probably works out..my first tests were to swap English and Japanese audio (you'll hear in the video that it worked)..however, after I succeeded on doing so I checked out the compiled LUA files.. I was able to hex edit the files of Sonic and Tails and I am currently working on getting luadec (a LUA decompiler) to properly decompile them (partial success so far: it decompiles but they do not recompile).What did I do so far:-Sonic's speed is 16: I boosted him to 24 for tests (I intended to try 48 but I made a mistake).. as this is barely visible.. no video-Sonic's shrinking scale (purple gem) lowered from 0.1 to 0.05 for tests.. however, no video so far, as those are just tries..NOW TAILS:-Speed raised from 9 (14 in the download mission) to 27.. VERY VISIBLEWhat I did not know: the double value 9 is not only used for speed.. also for jump height so he jumps.. kinda high-Flying time raised from 3 seconds to 3000 (nearly one hour, I didn't test).. as the changes are much more obvious for Tails.. I provide a video on how he played after the mod:http://link.man-ma.de/tails-speed.avi (XviD+MP3) (Yes, I know, they speak Japanese)I will soon come up with instructions on how to do this yourself: if I can work it out better, I will even release the LUA decompiler!Add: I cannot get the LUA decompiler to work for most files :(

This post has been edited by Link: 01 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

#2 User is offline   Hyper

Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

Huh, interesting.While the game will still play like shit because of the glitches and bugs, speed was a huge factor that turned me off from liking this game.Out of curiosity, did this speed increase for Sonic affect him in the Mach Speed levels? I lack the game and I've neglected to do any hard research on how the engine handles the speed-up.

#3 User is offline   Infiniti

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

Instead of Hard subs in the videos (as seen in the rip Saz did) I'd like to see all the videos and other various cut scenes with no subs.

This post has been edited by Infiniti: 01 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

#4 User is offline   Ice God

• Do it with your dying will!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

Wow, the cameras so shitty, even someone watching finds it unplayable.Sonic Adventure 2, except much worse.Sorry for the irrelevant comment, but I neglected to have the urge to see much game play footage.Anyway, yeah 'kinda high'... That puts it mildly.

#5 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

the camera in the movie was an extreme situation.. don't forget:Tails isn't intended to run that fast and jump that highThe camera is problematic but if you want to decide whether a game is good or bad by watching cheated gameplay footage is stupid!@Hyper: no, those areas are not affected!

This post has been edited by Link: 01 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

#6 User is offline   grap3fruitman

• President of Sonic Team
Icon
Poland
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

WTF. So it booted for you? And you're saying that only certain files are protected by the security sector? Hmmm... I recently got my 360 Hitachi drive flashed so I could fuck around with DOA4, but I only managed to get a black screen and an error message about an unreadable disc.I downloaded Sonic 360 a little bit ago (but I couldn't get into it because I can't even beat the second fucking act of the first level with Sonic argh) so I might waste another dvd+r dl on that. The voices aren't swappable in game? That's gay.

#7 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

View Postgrap3fruitman, on May 1 2007, 07:04 PM, said:

I downloaded Sonic 360 a little bit ago (but I couldn't get into it because I can't even beat the second fucking act of the first level with Sonic argh) so I might waste another dvd+r dl on that. The voices aren't swappable in game? That's gay.
The voices are not swappable, I swapped them by unpacking ARC files, editing SBK files, swapping CBK files in them and modifying WMV file - the success is 99% (sometimes characters move lips but the voice in events file isn't found due to differences in the structure of Japanese and English acting - this does not affect in-game playing or WMV events).Okay, I am planning on trying to write a decompiler for the LUB files myself.. it seems Sega didn't use too complicated LUA structures I was able to decompile Tails by hand... and for no reason I post it here now:
script.reload("player/common.lua");SetupModuleSub = function(param1)   OpenGameMaster(param1, gamemaster_module_player)   OpenWeapons(param1, other_module_tails_weapons)   OpenOther(param1, other_module_amigo_change)   OpenEffect(param1, effect_module_tails, "player_tails")   OpenSound(param1, sound_module_tails, "player_tails")   OpenAI(param1, ai_module_amigo)   OpenLockOn(param1, "lockon_chase", stepable_pre)   OpenOther(param1, other_module_talk)   OpenLockOn(param1, "lockon", stepable_inter)endSetupModuleDebugSub = function()endc_lockon_chase = {  type = shape_convex_box,   near_x = 5 * meter,   near_y = 6 * meter,   z = 13 * meter,   far_x = 15 * meter,   far_y = 13 * meter,   sort = lockon_sort_priority_and_distance,   lockon = lockon_type_chase }c_player_name = "tails"debug = not_usec_module_state = state_module_tailsc_module_model = model_module_sonic_newc_system_model = model_system_standardc_posture_control = posture_control_normalc_input_system = input_system_normalc_module_gravity = usec_model_package = "player/tails"c_module_impulse = impulse_module_standardc_framelink = { {  from="RightMustache",  to="RightMustache01" } ,{ from="LeftMustache",  to="LeftMustache01" } }c_input_border = 0.1;c_dclick_time = 0.16 * secc_lclick_time = 0.16 * secscript.reload("player/collision_standard.lua")c_lockon = { type = shape_frustum, near_x = 1 * meter, near_y = 1 * meter, z = 10 * meter, fov = 30 * deg, sort = lockon_sort_priority_and_distance, lockon = lockon_type_lockon }c_rotation_method = input_method_mario64c_rotation_speed = 1 * (meter / sec)c_weight = 20 * kgc_slope_rad = 40 * degc_slope_rad_b = 30 * degc_downforce = 0.2 * meterc_brake_acc = 40 * meterc_walk_border = 0.17c_run_border = 0.6c_walk_speed_max = 1.5 * (meter / sec)c_run_speed_max = 9 * (meter / sec)c_jump_time_min = 0.1 * secc_jump_brake = 16 * (meter / sec)c_jump_speed_acc = 20 * meterc_jump_speed_brake = 10 * meterl_run_acc = 1 * secl_jump_hight = 4 * meterl_jump_walk = 5 * meterl_jump_run = 10 * meterc_brake_quick_acc = 30 * meterc_wait_no_input_time = 15 * secc_damage_time = 1 * secc_damage_jump = 2 * (meter / sec)c_damage_speed = -1 * (meter / sec)c_run_against_time = 1 * secc_grind_speed_org = 23 * (meter / sec)c_grind_acc = 15 * meterc_grind_speed_max = 35 * meterc_grind_time = 0.7 * secc_grind_penalty_time = 0.5 * secc_grind_brake_acc = 1 * meterc_brake_dashpanel = 15 * meterc_speedup_speed_max = 30 * (meter / sec)l_speedup_acc = 0.5 * secc_run_acc = (c_run_speed_max - c_walk_speed_max) / l_run_accc_jump_speed = 9 * (meter / sec)c_jump_walk = 2 * (meter / sec)c_jump_run = 5.3 * (meter / sec)c_speedup_acc = (c_speedup_speed_max - c_walk_speed_max) / l_speedup_accc_brake_acc_sand = - 2 * c_brake_accc_run_acc_sand = - 0.5 * c_run_accc_jump_speed_sand = SpeedByHeightBias(c_jump_speed,0.5)c_flight_speed_acc = 17 * (meter / (sec * sec))c_flight_speed_min = 10 * (meter / sec)c_flight_speed_max = 17 * (meter / sec)c_flight_timer = 3 * secc_flight_timer_b = 1.5 * secc_flight_acc = 16 * meterc_ignore_spread_time = 0.3 * sec
If you compile this LUA file, it will be a little different than the original tails.lub (use LUA 5.0.2).. ignore that! Just registers are swapped, I double checked, this IS TAILS' Lua file! I am very very sure and I also will try it soon!

#8 User is offline   Sazpaimon

• <PACHUKA> sonic cult is the gay
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

See if any of these files have any programming left over for the rainbow gem, I still see some text strings for them in the ISO.I also fully support this. How many DVD-DL's have you wasted so far?

#9 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

View PostSazpaimon, on May 1 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

See if any of these files have any programming left over for the rainbow gem, I still see some text strings for them in the ISO.I also fully support this. How many DVD-DL's have you wasted so far?
I have wasted about 5 for getting really in touch with copying and doing mini-modifications.. I have a Toshiba Samsung Drive in my X360 and unlike everybody says it accepts the cheapest of cheap of DVD+R DL discs - however anyway: I am actively burning down money at the moment ;) .For the rainbow gem.. I'll see what I can work out.. so far I have only accessed variables and constants of the LUA code, no functions at all.

#10 User is offline   Dark Sonic

• Alright I'm done here. Ban plz
Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hmm, this is kinda cool. Edit Knuckles to make him acctually useful, edit Silver's speed, and make it so that jumping hurts (If you could do that, you'd be fantastic).Anyway to make this into a downloadable patch which I could put on a disc and upload onto my Xbox 360?

#11 User is offline   Yusuke

• ...Frikkin' scary o_O;
Icon
Canada
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

xD Dude, if you got SuperSonic, to even glitchily work, you could start this huge hoax about "I got all S ranks!"but, that aside, great job with the hacking~! It's interesting to see how SEGA puts together its variables, ether way.=O perhaps try to remove the restrains on the loops and dash panels next?

#12 User is offline   Toot Toot Sonic Warrior

• Please get it right next time...?
Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:03 AM

Make it so I can run on water. I hate the sliding on water shit Sonic pulls in Wave Ocean.How do you fucking slide on water anyway? And while running as godawfully slow as they made Sonic?

#13 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

Nice finds Link, any tries with simple model/amigo/boss naming swaps? Looking foward to future StH changes :)

#14 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:04 AM

well, I will work on it.. however @divx2k60: I want to achieve as much as possible but I do not want to risk large steps anymore.. I want to procede really slowly because the game is actually very very itchy and one minor error and I burnt a DVD+R DL for nothing.. I would love to give the game data via the Xbox harddisk but the harddisk files are encrypted :(However, for the rainbow gem.. it miiight be that I've found something:From common.lub (note: this file is not properly decrypted yet, therefore I cannot swap at that point of time):
equip_lightdash = 1equip_sliding = 2equip_boundjump = 4equip_homingsmash = 8equip_gem_green = 16equip_gem_red = 32equip_gem_blue = 64equip_gem_white = 128equip_gem_sky = 256equip_gem_yellow = 512equip_gem_purple = 1024equip_gem_super = 2048
Super gem? Could that be our nice rainbow gem.. sounds so doesn't it?and even more:
c_equip_flag_table = {  {   global_flag = 6000,   equip_flag = equip_lightdash },  {   global_flag = 6001,   equip_flag = equip_sliding },  {   global_flag = 6002,   equip_flag = equip_boundjump },  {   global_flag = 6003,   equip_flag = equip_homingsmash },  {   global_flag = 6004,   equip_flag = equip_gem_green },  {   global_flag = 6005,   equip_flag = equip_gem_red },  {   global_flag = 6006,   equip_flag = equip_gem_blue },  {   global_flag = 6007,   equip_flag = equip_gem_white },  {   global_flag = 6008,   equip_flag = equip_gem_sky },  {   global_flag = 6009,   equip_flag = equip_gem_yellow },  {   global_flag = 6010,   equip_flag = equip_gem_purple },  {   global_flag = 6011,   equip_flag = equip_gem_super }, ....

#15 User is offline   Trunks

• The user of the unloved Mac.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

Someone get this boy an X-SATA thing for his 360. That way he can put his 360 stuff hard drive on his PC via USB cable.And in b4 "Datel lolz"

#16 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

i can see why they must have made tails rubbish then, since making him faster only highlights the awful controls and poor camera even further

#17 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

I have XSATA. but as I mentioned.. the files on the HD are checksum-protected.. so it doesn't help.. I already modified some data and it said "downloaded files damaged".. wxPirs was still able to unpack it however, the game didn't accept it

#18 User is offline   Tweaker

• A thrilling mystery!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

Good find with those gem_super bits. Think there's any way you can track the actual equip_gem_super variable and set it as true, so you can equip it?

#19 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

SO far I haven't found a way.. I swapped the entry of the super and the white gem in the LUB file via hex editor.. the decompiler even showed that they were swapped.. but I still wasn't able to see it.. I will however continue to use that disc - maybe if I buy the white gem on a different savegame.. well, perhaps this might make me buy the super gem.. unprobable but possible.. however, I need to start playing the game then first...and I do not really feel like that atm...on another point: I have found out in Sonic's Lua file informations on what every gem does.. you can see the speed with the blue gem you can set the time dillatation with the red gem (I gotta try this later.. increasing it radically), the boost from the air with the white gem, the scale down settings when using the purple gem (10 times smaller, 1.2 times faster (really realistic!), half the jump height).. even the radius of your electric shield.However, for the super gem no actual data in Sonic's LUA variable file is stored.. maybe it makes him invincible - then it wouldn't need any data (and it could probably be the reason why they removed it: for Sonic the power gauge doesn't drop so hold it forever and you can't be killed by enemies).

This post has been edited by Link: 02 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

#20 User is offline   Torrent

• Most Hated Member
Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

YouTube it please....

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic