X-CulT Community Forums: Dreamcast Cheat code converters - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreamcast Cheat code converters specifically SA2 (kinda help me plz or do it for me kinda thing =P)

#1 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:45 AM

i was looking around the website, and found codebreaker codes for SA2 for the dreamcast, which looked rather nifty, having used equivilant ones on my gamecube and they were great. However, there are a number of obstacles in my way. Firstly, im under the impression that codebreaker is for NYSC DC's, and by the same token, the codes are aswell. So i got .cdi's for both the codebreaker and action replay. I've only tried burning the codebreaker so far, but all it did was start playing it as an audio CD.couple of questions:would the codes supplied on the website and codebreaker work with my PAL console and game?if not, is there a way to convert the codes to action replay? ive seen similar applications for PS2 and gamecube, and was wondering if there was one for the dreamcastare there anywebsites that might have the codes in AR format already? this would make things alot easier. ive tried GScentral.org already, but their codes are down for maintanence at the moment, so thats not so good.if you can help me with any of these points, it would be greatly apprieciated, and possibly helpful to other people too.oh and codes in question: http://www.sonic-cul...i...d=6&artid=1

#2 User is offline   Sintendo

Icon
Belgium
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:30 AM

The NTSC codes will probably only work for the NTSC version of the game. The console's region doesn't really matter.About converting codes from one cheat device to another, AR/Gameshark DC codes are encrypted. So you'll have to decrypt them first and change their code type so they do the same. (Read this for more info: http://www.gscentral...hackv500c.html)

#3 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:48 AM

i get ya, decrypt it, then i can re-encode it for both regoin and cheat device, unfortunatly the DCcrypt program download link is invalid (obviously from an older version of the site). does anyone have this? also you mentioned my consoles regoin doesn't matter, does this mean i could use codebreaker codes? and just convert them from NTSC to PAL. if so, i might not have to decrypt them, or at least cut out some of the workEDIT: googled around and found this: http://binboy.sphere...ownload&p2=1642 - DCcrypt if anyone wants itEDIT2: erm...i opened the program and its just flashs open and closes...have i missed something and gone the the round way about this or is the downloaded just buggered?

This post has been edited by khorney: 29 October 2006 - 08:56 AM

#4 User is offline   Sintendo

Icon
Belgium
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:47 PM

http://rapidshare.co...ccrypt.zip.htmlTry this one.

#5 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

i tried it, and was suprised by its lack of option (being only 'decrypt and encrypt) tried decrypting it, but the same numbers came out, which leads me to believe these might be RAW codes, im not sure whether codebreaker supports these or not. i also tried encrypting them, and it came out with these: 1D3419A51484509EWTF are these codes for? gameshark, action replay? PAL NTSC? i think ive missed something out here =P

#6 User is offline   Sintendo

Icon
Belgium
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:30 AM

Codebreaker DC codes are RAW. AR/GS DC codes are encrypted. I haven't really tried the program, but I'll have a look into it.

#7 User is offline   Thanatos

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Post icon  Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

Sorry my post is sort of off topic:Hi I'm new here, I recently dug up my old DC copy of Sonic Adventure 2, and after looking at the codes page I wondered if its possible to use Amy or Metallix in single player like you are able to use them in the GC version?Does anyone know a definitive anwer if it is possible?

#8 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

EDIT: the crapness of my internets connection posted this twice, whoops.

This post has been edited by khorney: 31 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

#9 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

i would imagine so, i believe all it is is swapping in and out the relevant memory addresses for when metal sonic is loaded. however, wouldn't have a clue where to start with something like that =/we need to get 16bit or sonicblur in here

#10 User is offline   Sintendo

Icon
Belgium
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

It is possible, but the codes aren't hacked yet for the DC version. Too bad there are no hacking tools like GCNrd on the DC.

#11 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:56 AM

would there be a very slight possibility that the codes could be converted through some lengthy process from SA2:B to SA2? or does the fact its on a completely different console make this idea fail =P

#12 User is offline   Sintendo

Icon
Belgium
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:13 AM

Nope, I doubt that'll work. We need a tool like GCNrd for the Dreamcast.

#13 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:39 AM

know anyone/where where we could get one made?does anyone here dabbled in dreamcast and coding?

This post has been edited by khorney: 02 November 2006 - 05:41 AM

#14 User is offline   Thanatos

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:16 AM

I know that it is possible to use the current player swap codes for singleplayer in multiplayer, so in theory there should be codes to do it the other way around...

#15 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:28 AM

we know, thas how the SA2:b ones were made (well kinda), the problem is theres no easy facility to make codes for the DC, and nobody (as far as i know) has really bothered looking into it deeper

#16 User is offline   Kusanagi

• O...K... ... ......What was that?...... (I don't know...)
Icon
Portugal
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:28 AM

@ khorney:http://forums.sonic-...amp;#entry35104BTW... I'm a Dreamcast ripper/hacker... so... :"I've only tried burning the codebreaker so far, but all it did was start playing it as an audio CD."Answer: You burned a Bad CD... First, you need two codebreaker CDs... One to boot up burned CDs, the other is the original codebreaker to load GD-ROMs... the boot loader will allow you to load burned and hacked games... and this software is universal...Try to burn the CD with alcohol 120%.Next."would the codes supplied on the website and codebreaker work with my PAL console and game?"Answer: they work universally... Beeing that Sonic Adventure 2 (the ripped version) is only USA! There's no EUR or JAP version of SA2 for DC. (at least ripped).Next."if not, is there a way to convert the codes to action replay? ive seen similar applications for PS2 and gamecube, and was wondering if there was one for the dreamcast"Answer: in dreamcast, Action replay is the same thing has gameshark. the codes of codebreaker are also very similar... Anyways.... maybe there IS a converter... but... I'm just too lazy to search for it!Next."are there anywebsites that might have the codes in AR format already? this would make things alot easier. ive tried GScentral.org already, but their codes are down for maintanence at the moment, so thats not so good"Answer: there aren't any sites at all... Sorry...Next."i also tried encrypting them, and it came out with these: 1D3419A51484509EWTF are these codes for? gameshark, action replay? PAL NTSC? i think ive missed something out here"Answer: well... yes... the codes between codebreaker and action replay are VERY similar in Dreamcast... so it will be a "little" hard...Oh... and another thing... Your signature image link doesn't work... Still, I got the game.. pretty cool... hope it gets to a full version release!Over!

This post has been edited by Kusanagi: 10 November 2006 - 09:09 PM

#17 User is offline   khorney

• 0.o;;
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:47 AM

i am aware of what you said ^, apart from the burned codebreaker bitwhat if i have the original GD(PAL), do i need the double CD there?but still got problems with the conversion of regions. and we are still unaware of a code creation programoh and sorry about yelling othr time, bu the tpics are basically the same, the discovery and editing of dreamcast codes....

#18 User is offline   Kusanagi

• O...K... ... ......What was that?...... (I don't know...)
Icon
Portugal
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:00 AM

View Postkhorney, on Nov 4 2006, 12:47 PM, said:

i am aware of what you said ^, apart from the burned codebreaker bitwhat if i have the original GD(PAL), do i need the double CD there?but still got problems with the conversion of regions. and we are still unaware of a code creation programoh and sorry about yelling othr time, bu the tpics are basically the same, the discovery and editing of dreamcast codes....
If you have the original GD-ROM game, you'll only need the codebreaker CD... has I said... the boot loader is only to load up burned games... don't forget to burn both the cds with alcohol 120%... they must be CDI images if i'm not mistaken...IF they are NERO cd images, there are 2 types of images: NERO 5 and NERO 6... if you have a NERO image, burned the CD, and it got messed up, it's because the image is for NERO 5. In this case, burn it with alcohol too! XDabout the conversion problems... it will be hard to convert from GC to DC ... first off, they are completely diferent consoles.. since Dreamcast uses Katana AND Windows CE (in some games, but NOT in this one) and GC uses WTF it uses...ALSO, the SA2B is totally remodeled from SA2... I never opened an ISO from SA2B... maybe i'll download it to compare the two versions of the game and check files and so on...... and apologies accepted... after all... you're right in a point in there... XP

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users