X-CulT Community Forums: General Hacking and Programming utilites list - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Hacking and Programming utilites list Because the Hacking Forum needs one

#1 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK
Hank Hill's propane filled narrow urethra

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:03 AM

Just a sort of look here first thread for n00bs and people who are in need of any specific utilites.The list is divided into OS specific sections so no one asks if X app has a Windows/Mac/Linux/whatever port.General LinksUtlilties Page on Hacking CulT - ANY UTILITIES LISTED HERE WILL NOT BE RELISTED HERE.NeHe Production's OpenGL page - Site full of tutorials on OpenGL.Drunken Hyena's DirectX Project Page - Web page with different DirectX tutorials.WindowsProgrammingMicrosoft Visual C++ Express Edition - MS's IDE and Compiler for Windows.MinGW - Freeware compiler for windows that uses GNU toolsets.Jens' File Editor - Minimalistic lightweight IDE thats free (thanks SANiK)Unpacking UtilitiesAFSExplorer - Unpacks AFS filesRipping Utilites3D Ripper DX - Rips geometry from DirectX 9.0 apps 3DS Max only.GLIntercept - Intercepts data used by OpenGL (shaders, geometry, etc.).OGLE - Used with GLIntercept to dump geometry data into a common format.Jaeder Naub - Binary datafile breakup Utility (rips known file formats from a decompressed container file)EditingHex Edit - Free hex editor for windows.STE - Edits text in Sonic games, and a couple of other games. (Thanks Overlord)PVMEdit - Used for texture editing in Sonic Adventure DX (Thanks ThunderSpeed)EmulationKega Fusion - Excellent Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for Windows.HackingLink's Sonic Riders Mem editor - Memory editing utilities by LinkMacProgrammingXCode - Apple's own IDE and version of GCC for OS X.EditingHexEdit - Mac OS X Hex editor--NOT THE SAME AS HEX EDIT FOR WINDOWSEmulationGenerator - OS X Genesis/MegaDrive emulatorGenesis Plus - Another OS X Genesis/MegaDrive emulator (has some problems playing hacked roms)Multi-PlatformProgrammingCode::Blocks - IDE for the GCC compiler.GCC - The GNU Compiler Collection.EditingBlender 3D - For those of you who want a free modeler, here you go.JHEditor - Hex editor written in Java.Wings3D - Free open source Sub-Division surface modeler.Maya 8.5 Personal Learning Edition - The free version of Maya (not for commercial use)HackingGCMTool - Gamecube hacking tool for *nix,BSD, and OS X systems. (Thanks Lightning)The list will be updated if theres a utility that should be added. Post utilities that should be added.

This post has been edited by SANiK: 09 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

#2 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

Well, I suppose that despite the fact it hasn't been updated in a while (hey, you can make your own templates if you really want =P) I'll pimp STE again - http://shadowsoft-ga...erlord/1.10.rar Edits text in Sonic games and a couple of misc others.

#3 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

Added.

#4 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

You spelt my name wrong. XPAlso, requesting a pin for this topic, mods.

#5 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:34 PM

Generator? That's an outdated emulator. Richard doesn't update that one anymore. Use Genesis Plus instead.

#6 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:21 PM

View PostIUG, on Oct 29 2006, 06:34 PM, said:

Generator? That's an outdated emulator. Richard doesn't update that one anymore. Use Genesis Plus instead.
I've had problems playing some hacked ROMs with Genesis Plus.

This post has been edited by Gen: 30 October 2006 - 12:49 AM

#7 User is offline   Lightning

• the doctor is in.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

GCMTool is a nice solution for Linux users who are into Gamecube hacking in particular. =) http://www.sadistech.com/gcmtool/

#8 User is offline   ThunderSpeed

Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:06 AM

I realize this topic has been dead for quite some time, however...PVM EditThis program is apparantly a bitch to find, so I uploaded it to my website so it's somewhat easier to find. This program edits the textures in Sonic Adventure: DX. Yep, that's pretty much it.

#9 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

Added.

#10 User is offline   Tweaker

• A thrilling mystery!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

You're free to add these utility descriptions I wrote up for Sonic Stadium, if you'd like.

Me said:

UTILITIESThese will be sorted by section, use, and whatnot. Hopefully you should be clear on what each utility does, and how you can use it to achieve your means.ESSENTIALHex Editors:Use these to do your main dirty work. Change variables, copy/paste data, etc. You'll NEED one of these down the line, so I suggest you get comfortable with them.Hex Workshop - The reccomended hex editor. Has many handy features, and is generally used by most ROM hackers. It's shareware, but the smarter lot of you will find a way around that. ;) (if not, PM me and I'll hook you up)XVI32 - Freeware, simplistic hex editor with the basic needed features to do what you need. Supports wildcard value searching, which is bloody handy, and is unique to this hex editor.Compressors/Decompressors:Use these to decompress art, music, and the like -- any compressed data in a ROM -- and edit them in thier uncompressed forms. And of course, you'll need to recompress the data afterwards, so... =PThe Sega Data Compressor (TSDC) - A frontend for a batch of compression/decompression programs for the Nemesis (Art), Kosinski (Level Art/Mappings/etc), Enigma (Special Stages/etc), and Saxman (Music in Sonic 2 Final) compression formats.MD Programs Pack - Primitive version of the above. A small feature worth noting though is the Nemesis art searcher, which allows you to search for Nemesis compressed data in other games that may use the compression format.MULTI-PURPOSE EDITORSSonED v.50B - The last version of the original SonED. SonED is a level art, level mappings, level layout, level palette, as well as other level aspects, editor. It is highly reccomended to all beginners and experienced hackers alike, and will no doubt be one of the most useful tools you will ever need.SonED2 v1.01 - A newer, sleeker, more featured incarnation of SonED designed for editing split disassemblies of Sonic games via a unique "projects" system. Boasts a simplified art editor, as well as a new collision editor. If you learn to use this, it's definitely worth using over the original.Esrael Sonic Editor (ESE) v2.40 - A multi-purpose utility that supports a wide variety of editable aspects - Special stages, level layout/art/mappings, title cards, level select names, palettes, etc. Being an earlier, discontinued version of the program, it supports some things ESEII does not. It's best to have both.Esrael Sonic Editor II (ESEII) v0.05 - Enhanced version of the above, with some extra features such as a level porter, and a better art editor -- even a built in hex editor with text support! Reccomended.GRAPHICSSonik Sprite 1.5 Beta - Paint-esque uncompressed sprite editor for Sonic 1, Sonic 2 (beta/final), and Sonic 3. Supports assembled versions of all sprites, making art editing jobs easier for you. Also supports a scripting system, so you can add your own sprite entries if they aren't currently supported (for ANY game, by the way).Tile Layer Pro - General uncompressed art editor for multiple platforms, including Genesis. Works by browsing the ROM and editing the art in 8x8 blocks, which can be put together via the Tile Arranger for easier editing. Essential for editing compressed art (after being decompressed, of course).ChaoSaX Pal - A palette editor for Sonic 1-3K. Supports, copying/pasting palettes as well as easy editing. Reccomended for beginners and experienced hackers alike due to usefulness.HivePal v0.1 - Another palette editor. Similar to ESE in appearance, but takes a more graphic approach to color matching and choosing. Also includes a palette browser, so you can easily find palettes in any ROM, and subsequentially edit them.SOUNDSonic QX - Music editor for Sonic 2 Beta. Boasts features such as a MIDI importer, voice editor, sample exporter, among other things. The documentation is of particular interest, as it contains a lot of useful info about the YM2612.Sonic One Music Editor (SOME) - Basic music editor for Sonic 1. Supports voice editing as well as channel editor editing, and also includes a voice preview button, so you can hear your changes before you apply them. Very handy. Reccomended.TUTORIALSSSRG Tutorials - Covering the following subjects... Level Design for Beginners, Tile Layer Pro, Compressed Art, IPS Patching & Palette Guide. All good for what a growing boy needs.

#11 User is offline   RidersDX

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

The PVM Edit link is broken now for some reason.

#12 User is offline   PsychoSk8r

• Where's my cup of tea? =P
Icon
England
Interest:
Been around forever
Walsall, right next to Birmingham, UK, in a cardboard box.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

i've had PVM Edit backed up on my (ex)AOL homespace for years now =PSo, mirror: http://hometown.aol....rlp/pvmedit.exe

#13 User is offline   ThunderSpeed

Icon
United States
Interest:
Been around forever

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

God fucking damn it, how come every link I post to my only 'reliable' webspace is always broken?EDIT: link seems to work for me.

This post has been edited by ThunderSpeed: 03 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

#14 User is offline   chrrox

Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

gameassassin is a great 3d ripping program.www.gameassassin.comthere are 2 versions of this program.The freeware version gives you all the functions of 3dripperdx but it also includes older direct x support and opengl support.The paid version which is very cheap gives you the ability to extract character rigging and animation :)If anyone needs help using the program just let me know and ill write up a guide.

#15 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

View Postchrrox, on May 19 2008, 02:59 AM, said:

gameassassin is a great 3d ripping program.www.gameassassin.comthere are 2 versions of this program.The freeware version gives you all the functions of 3dripperdx but it also includes older direct x support and opengl support.The paid version which is very cheap gives you the ability to extract character rigging and animation :)If anyone needs help using the program just let me know and ill write up a guide.
Please do, chrrox. I'd love to fiddle with this tool a bit. But I have no Chinese skill's whatsover to decode the ??? marks, lol :PTry to post the guide in the 3D Ripping Thread

#16 User is offline   K2J

• ProbleW?
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Bit of a big bump, but I can't seem to find any active links anyware...Anyone have nettapu's pvm tools? I'd like to not be limited by PVM Edit's restrictions on texture size and transparencies.

#17 User is offline   yoshi15

Icon
United States
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

I don't have a copy of nettapu's pvm tools, but you can use Puyo Tools instead; it has a PVM packer/unpacker.BTW can we add this to the list?

#18 User is offline   Gen

• HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Icon
United States
Interest:

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

I may add to it whenever. That, or a mod will. That or X-Cult will get a section on the wiki for this shit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users