Sonic Riders PC demo hardware specs???

#1 User is offline   Link

• Leader of the unknown troops to rescue the universe
Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

Add: I added a posting because I would like to know your hardware specsWell, I just thought I might tell you it's out... (I guess so at least, I do trust the torrent)http://www.soniconth...=...&highlight=Non-torrent links provided by Blue Blood (thx):http://www.3ddownloa...DemoVersion.ziphttp://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.htmlhttp://www.fileplane...nic-Riders-Demohttp://www.gamershel...news/33637.htmlhttp://www.worthplay...e.php?sid=37993Add: okay, now my opinion.. typical Sonic Team conversion.. what's hot and what's not which is new for PC version:hot:-English or Japanese audio can be selected-graphics runs fine for me-gamepad control as with consolesnot:-why only 1024x768 for fullscreen?-keyboard control=vomit (but you can configure it, perhaps you find better controls)if anyone knows a direct download link.. I'll definetely edit this one here (direct dls are of course more appreciated than torrents)... I quickly checked my standard PC sources, nothing so far..Sega.. YOU LOSE!They included several models in the game..if you have cheat engine.. attach it to the game... add the following addresses (byte values):6A5C3A6A5C3FThese are the character IDs.. I havent checked yet whether they are poitnered.. I hope not.. (those are not hex values!)00=Sonic01=Tails02=Knux03=Amy04=Jet05=Storm06=Wave08=Cream09=Rouge10=Shadow12=Nights13=Aiai14=Ulala15=E-10000G16=E-10000RAdd: I will test all values.. 07 (Eggman) and 11 (Super Sonic) crash.. probably most others will also :(Change both values!Update: Shadow works - my mistake..Also add the following 4 byte values:006a6638 Air (set to 200000 (decimal) for maximum)006a684c Rings (set to 100) Posted ImageFor languages: open config.ini (from the save directory).. and search for the point messages..1 is English3 is Germanmy guesses (not tested)0=Jap1=Eng2=French3=German4=Spanish5=Italian

This post has been edited by Link: 23 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

#2 User is offline   Bronze God

• I am kind.
Icon
Nicaragua
Interest:
Musician

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

Fucking leechers.

#3 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Seeding.Anyway, played it. On the laptop it ran at 12FPS. So, on the desktop it was 60fps and it played quite well. The controls don't seem as inresponsive as the PS2 version is, The annoying cirlce-the-joystick event trigger has been replaced with a simpler mash left and right mechanic and the controls seem tweaked a bit.There's some graphical errors, a major sound error and unknown game slow down suddenly and doesn't speed back up again leaving the sound noticibly slower and controls laggy. Sonic's over-taking sound which is normally "See ya!" was the "chu-ching" sound... A bit odd given that from what I can tell the file structure is identical to the PS2 game. So, I don't know what's going on there... Anyway, good demo. =)

#4 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

OneTwoThreeFourFiveNon-torrents.

#5 User is offline   biggestsonicfan

• Unleashed isn't doing well? D=
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hacker

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

View PostBlue Blood, on Oct 19 2006, 10:57 AM, said:

Bless you. Stick it to Xose!

#6 User is offline   Bronze God

• I am kind.
Icon
Nicaragua
Interest:
Musician

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

Bah, runs like shit on my computer.Oh well.

#7 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:55 PM

I'm liking this! Runs like a breeze on on mine. I have got that annoying sound glitch that was mentioned though, and I also picked up on Sonic's odd over-taking sound. That aside, I'm now off to try it with higher settings.

This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 19 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

#8 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

View PostBlue Blood, on Oct 19 2006, 06:57 PM, said:

I guess it's time for me to try out Sonic Riders then. Thanks for the non-torrent links.

This post has been edited by Demi: 19 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

#9 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Never have I recieved so much quoting on this site. I like it!Anyway, the game still works fine with highest textures, but anti-alaising (sp?) it a promlem. It looses none of it's framerate, but run's in slow mo. It also slows down whn A lot of racers are on screen.

#10 User is offline   Junji Hiroma

• Amy Roses's Stalker
Icon
Canada
Interest:
Hentai Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

View PostLink, on Oct 19 2006, 08:01 AM, said:

For languages: open config.ini (from the save directory).. and search for the point messages..1 is English3 is Germanmy guesses (not tested)0=Jap1=Eng2=French3=German4=Spanish5=Italian
I tested it,0 is jap and the others are probably the same as specified.The keyboard controls are horrible in the game.

This post has been edited by Junji Hiroma: 19 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

#11 User is offline   spiritofthecult

Icon
Interest:
Fangamer

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

Posted Imagei am a bad boy....

#12 User is offline   Dark Sonic

• Alright I'm done here. Ban plz
Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

Find a way to get rid of the boards entirely with every character using cheat engine and I will be so grateful.

#13 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

Link thanks for the heads up for the demo. And that's pretty rad how you got the address values so fast, Also... Shadow is playable. Select Sonic & when you choose the board, use Cheat Engine at that time. This would work for other char as well... still testing though.Crappy PrtScr Capture & resizedPosted ImageEDIT: No success with Super Sonic & Eggman atm...

This post has been edited by divx2k60: 19 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

#14 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

in case of interest I wrote a minor trainer/memory editor.. you can find it in the hacking forum:http://forums.sonic-...amp;#entry33308

#15 User is offline   Eamon

• I pwn Superman
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

I havent played Sonic Riders in fear it would be another crappy game. So I ask those who have played this demo, should I give it a go?

#16 User is offline   delta gamma

Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

It's alright, by no means a great game, but an enjoyable one at least. Some say the controlls were hard to use, but i got them down within the first 20 mins or so of playing.Yeah give it a go. Better than Shadow? maybe not, but definatly worth a try.

#17 User is offline   Yuski

• OMG! She will rape me!
Icon
Brazil
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

Can some make a patch to fix the bug on the installer? =/ It request about 700MB free but when clicks next, it request to be 7,3 GB free on the HD to install. ¬¬ (And I can´t delete anything more from my HD.)

This post has been edited by Yuski: 20 October 2006 - 02:07 PM

#18 User is offline   Link

Icon
Germany
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

Sonic Riders does not have too high system requirements.. just special ones.. it seems to me that it has absolutely great problems with certain system combinations.. my PC runs it fine, these are its specs:AMD Athlon 2800+1024 MB DDR-Ram (dual-channel)GeForce 6600 GT with 128 MB VRAMWindows XP Prof/Linux x86Runs absolutely perfect even in highest settings.. now my notebook in comparison:AMD Turion64 FX-321024 MB DDR-RamATI Radeon X1600 Mobile (128 MB RAM dedicated, 384 MB shared (normally deactivated))Windows XP Home/Linux x64I cannot get it to work on my notebook properly.. many games run faster on my notebook than on my PC but the difference between both is not too high (of course the notebook can only properly render games in AC mode not in battery mode). Even if I activate additional shared memory which boosts up VRAM to 512 MB..now today first day at university.. I went to a friend.. he also has notebook.. he wanted to try it out.. installed it.. works like shit! Besides: he also has a Radeon based GFX chip..then we really got interested.. and found a friend with a notebook which actually uses an Nvidia notebook chip.. this one worked although his whole specs of the PC were much weaker than that of my notebook (256 MB RAM, Intel Centrino 1.6 GHz)... and we're simply puzzled..I tried to get the game running unter Linux Wine but unfortunately the installer doesn't open and it seems to link in the registry - I'll gonna try Cedega later.. nobody of us unforatunately has a dedicated ATI Radeon PC card to test the game on but atm it seems to me that Sega fucked up ATI support - or at least for notebook ATI chips.. both my friend and me are using Omega notebook drivers (because ATI doesn't produce Notebook drivers and the notebook drivers of our vendors are too old).Does someone of you also have an ATI chip? Does it work fine for you? Do you even use a ATI chip based notebook? Thx..because if Sega fucked up ATI support.. how did they do it.. did they port too straight from the Xbox version (considering the Xbox uses a Geforce 3 chip)? I am puzzled for myself, I do not think I messed up my notebook driver configuration.. or does Sonic Riders not deactivate the GFX chip power management.. Sonic Adventure DX didn't do either in window mode.. therefore it runs horrible in window mode on my notebook.. in fullscreen (as SADX uses a real DX fullscreen handle) the power management switches automatically... for Heroes.. they did everything correct.. Window or FUllscreen.. works.. for Riders: neither nor.. but anyway: Riders doesn't even have real fullscreen (just changes the desktop resolution and runs in a window without a border)

#19 User is offline   Dioxaz

Icon
Interest:
Musician

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

Well, on my Sempron 2800+ (running at 2GHz) with an unpretentious ATI Radeon 9250, the game runs at full 60fps in 640x480 16bit mode, with anti-aliasing disabled and default texture settings (with AA on, framerate drops to 30-40fps with slowdown of course). So, I'm concluding that it requires merely the same minimal comp spec as Heroes to run. But I might be mistaken.

#20 User is offline   luigikj

Icon
Interest:
General Fan

Post icon  Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

holaalguien q me ayuda y q sepa hablar españolpara que me diga como sacar a shadow y a los demas q estan para desbloquearsepor fa amigos y salu2

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users