X-CulT Community Forums: Shadow Gameplay Footage on Sonic Next - X-CulT Community Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Gameplay Footage on Sonic Next enjoy or be disgusted

#1 User is offline   Eamon

• I pwn Superman
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

http://uk.media.ps3....960/vids_1.html2 new vids. Now that I think about it, this is the first time they released ACTUAL Shadow gameplay footage for Sonic Next.Plus Side======Homing attack looks nice (better than Sonic's)Chaos SpearRiding a vehicle feels like playing HALOBad Side======New model looks dum (Spikes more pointier and inwards)The way Shadow looks while skating is gayWell, thats my opinion. I beleive the original Shadow model (SA2) is the best.If you have good eyes you will notice that where you would look to see the amount of lives you have you see a picture of Sonic. I'm like WTF, isnt this Shadow gameplay?

#2 User is offline   Eric Wright

• Boo creepy foot doctor. Hooray beer!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

Wow... I actually think it's looknig good... His animation is very stilted and stiff, I agree.. but that's just something they're probably not focusing on until they've worked out other major problems with the game (or am I retarded and this is nearly finished?)Whatever the case, it actually looks like the game is much more fine-tuned than the previous 3D ones... I didn't mind the Shadow game that much, story was absurd, but it was fun to play at least. This footage kinda paints a different picture of Sonic Next for me, I might keep myself more open-minded to it.

#3 User is offline   Cyberdude

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Co-op or GTFO.Seriously though, the vehicles look like they function a lot less gay than in Shadow the Hedgehog. For a start, you actually WANT to use them now. The fact that they look UT2004 worthy makes you wonder how multiplayer battles will work...

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: 18 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

#4 User is offline   Eamon

• I pwn Superman
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

View PostCyberdude, on Oct 18 2006, 05:39 PM, said:

Co-op or GTFO.Seriously though, the vehicles look like they function a lot less gay than in Shadow the Hedgehog. For a start, you actually WANT to use them now. The fact that they look UT2004 worthy makes you wonder how multiplayer battles will work...
Yeah, Shadow hedgehog vehicles were lame. Don't you just adore the way they changed the vehicles now. it more fluid than shadow game and can roll over just like HALO. *runs to play multiplayer online Blood Gulch*

#5 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

View PostEamon, on Oct 18 2006, 04:53 PM, said:

Bad Side======New model looks dum (Spikes more pointier and inwards)The way Shadow looks while skating is gay
If those are the only 2 faults that can be found with this game, I'm sure people can live with it. Really.Again, Next looks good, and more interesting than Wildfire.

#6 User is offline   Aquaslash

• WHAT?!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hated

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:00 PM

Ok...first off...Shadow looks gay...at least his hair anyway...and his animations are still crap. Especially when he's in the vehicle..at least his hair could move or something.Didn't notice that Chaos Spear he shot out....this will be interesting indeedstill can't make a judgement on the voice though

#7 User is offline   Zeck

Icon
Saint Lucia
Interest:
Classic Amy Fan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

can anybody get the HQ vids off IGN?....

#8 User is offline   divx2k60

• Got time?
Icon
Slovenia
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Shadow's running animations need work, they're looking kinda stiff. and Lol... anyone noticed that Shadow's using Sonic's life icon in this vids.WIP vids I presume.

This post has been edited by divx2k60: 18 October 2006 - 10:22 PM

#9 User is offline   neodiablo22

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

I played shadow in the updated e3 demo at digital life 06. They made him much slower than sonic, his homing attack is different from sonic in that you can keep shadow in the same spot mid air till you let go, and the chaos spears have a crummy auto aim and give shadow unlimited jump. I hated playing the shadow part of the demo.

#10 User is offline   Aquaslash

• WHAT?!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hated

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

Ok...what's the problem with the unlimited jump again?

#11 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

Shit I'm gonna die! Oh wait, no I'm not. I can fly to safety!That's the problem.

#12 User is offline   Aquaslash

• WHAT?!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Hated

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

Looking a gift horse in the mouth are we?It seems to be the equivalent of getting Tails in EC sans an action replay....I guess I don't mind taking advantage of loopholes and such.

This post has been edited by GrandMasterGalvatron: 19 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

#13 User is offline   RocketDarkness

• RD Classic
Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

Vehicles look more manageable, which is good. Still, they hardly seem conductive to the gameplay. "Hay, let's have you drive for a minute through a bunch of pillars!" Extreme pillar action, apparently. Chaos Spear lameness...blech. Last thing we need is to make the games easier.

#14 User is offline   Eric Wright

• Boo creepy foot doctor. Hooray beer!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

View PostBlue Blood, on Oct 19 2006, 05:05 PM, said:

Shit I'm gonna die! Oh wait, no I'm not. I can fly to safety!That's the problem.
well shit, I wish THAT "problem" was around in fucking Sonic Heroes

#15 User is offline   Sons of Angels

Icon
Scotland
Interest:
Musician

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

View PostEamon, on Oct 18 2006, 04:53 PM, said:

New model looks dum
lol, the irony.

#16 User is offline   neodiablo22

Icon
United States
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

View PostSons of Angels, on Oct 19 2006, 09:23 PM, said:

New model looks dum
lol, the irony.[/quote]Is it like rain on a wedding day?A free ride when you've already paid?Good advice that you just didn't take?Who would've thought...it figures.

#17 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

That's just unfortunate, and a shitty song too.

#18 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:53 AM

So long the viechels dont control like ass, Shadow's game looks fine. Running animations look fine, the only nagging concern is the homing jump, there's like a 1-2 second delay before going into a homing jump... Given enemies can hit you very accuratly when homing jumping as Sonic, Got to be a bit worried about Shadow's enemies being the same and forever annoying you by knocking you off course by the time you're ready to attack... The Chaos Spear glitch... Well, that just shows you can't win in the community. Everyone moaned about falling off stages oddly in Heroes and Shadow... But now there's a way around it they have to be "hard core" and say it's lame because it doesn't make you die. I, personally don't find a problem with it. I can see my self abusing this a lot. =)

#19 User is offline   Rolken

Icon
United States
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:12 AM

View PostSSUK, on Oct 20 2006, 03:53 AM, said:

The Chaos Spear glitch... Well, that just shows you can't win in the community. Everyone moaned about falling off stages oddly in Heroes and Shadow... But now there's a way around it they have to be "hard core" and say it's lame because it doesn't make you die.
How about they find a way around it that isn't lame. Putting Sonic in an Egg-o-Matic would fix the bottomless pits too, but it'd be pretty retarded.Now, proper level design ... ... ... nah.

#20 User is offline   Toot Toot Sonic Warrior

• Please get it right next time...?
Icon
United States
Interest:
Artist

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

There should be an item that gives you a chance to hop back onto the path if you fall into a pit, like the horse shoes in Sly Cooper. Or maybe they could give more bottomless pits air current to make you float for a bit before you fall, like Pumpkin Hill in SA2.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users