Thanks guys! =)

#1 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

=)If you're a UK resident, you financed this via my Jobseekers allowance. My deepest thanks go to you for an Xbox 360 Premium Pack, Project Gotham Racing 3, and Dead Rising, which technically isn't released until tomorrow. =PAnd now, I leave to go play Dead Rising~EDIT: Changed from taxpayer to resident, as if you've ever bought anything it has VAT sales tax on it so counts =P

This post has been edited by Overlord: 07 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

#2 User is offline   Stiv

• Stretch it!
Icon
England
Interest:
Artist

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

You're welcome.

#3 User is offline   Cho

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

I want my money back.

#4 User is offline   littleredman

• fake plastic member.
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:03 PM

View PostOverlord, on Sep 7 2006, 08:58 PM, said:

If you're a UK resident, you financed this via my Jobseekers allowance. My deepest thanks go to you for an Xbox 360 Premium Pack, Project Gotham Racing 3, and Dead Rising, which technically isn't released until tomorrow. =PAnd now, I leave to go play Dead Rising~EDIT: Changed from taxpayer to resident, as if you've ever bought anything it has VAT sales tax on it so counts =P
You should be ashamed of yourself.

This post has been edited by littleredman: 07 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

#5 User is offline   Dave0

• PIERCE THE HEAVENS
Icon
Scotland
Interest:
Pervert

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

Is the X360 pad really that good as they say? I'm tempted to save up for one for my PC. Despite that it only has a 2x2 button layout, it completely matches my current pad, which is cool, cause I just bought what is pretty much the last model of it in the country (stupid pos keeps breaking). If the X360 pad is robust as fuck and has an acceptable dpad, it would be a wonderful replacement.[/quote]It's lovely to handle, and the analog stick is really good too. Everything about the controller is pretty much great, although the Dpad is a bit clunky. Not too great for playing SF2HF with I find.

#6 User is offline   STC-Fan

• 3rd year of uni rulessssssss OK
Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

I know someone who's been unemployed for the last 7 or so years, and, to put it simply, he spends his money very wisely - not on, for instance, games consoles. I would therefore, along with Cho, like the pittance amount of money back that I contributed to fund the purchase of this gargantuan machine, and (continues in same vein for ages and ages)Anyway, congrats or something perhaps - now, how about buying something sensbile, say, a keyboard that has wires and LEDs on it? =P *stabbed*

#7 User is offline   GREG2K

• Homer explains Ornithology
Icon
Spain
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

Use your next allowance on a TV with a SCART connecter at least, kthnx

#8 User is offline   Infiniti

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Get a job ya lazy bum! *JOKENaa i feel for ya! I know what it's like i've been there before. Too young to retire, and too old for a paper round!So when can I come round a play on the console we helped buy? :P

This post has been edited by Infiniti: 07 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

#9 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

Is Jobseeker pay like wellfare? Because if it is, you can go fuck yourself for being a leech on the system. People who do that are like those fucks who get money to rebuild in New Orleans after Katrina and instead spend the emergancy assistance funds on season tickets to some football team. Fucking pitiful.

#10 User is offline   Stoko

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:36 AM

View PostIUG, on Sep 8 2006, 04:35 AM, said:

Is Jobseeker pay like wellfare? Because if it is, you can go fuck yourself for being a leech on the system. People who do that are like those fucks who get money to rebuild in New Orleans after Katrina and instead spend the emergancy assistance funds on season tickets to some football team. Fucking pitiful.
If you don't know whether Jobseeker's Allowance is like wellfare, how are we meant to know if it is? Like, what're the criteria for this "wellfare"? I mean, Jobseeker's Allowance is fairly self-explanatory, it's a Government-paid Allowance to those Seeking Jobs. Besides, as for him being a leech on the system? Fuck that, if he can live off that money and save enough of it to buy a 360, then all the best to him.OL, I don't want my money back. Instead, I want the console. I'm sure you understand =)

#11 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

View PostOverlord, on Sep 7 2006, 08:58 PM, said:

And now, I leave to go play Dead Rising~
YOU BASTARD! >=(

#12 User is offline   Stiv

• Stretch it!
Icon
England
Interest:
Artist

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:51 AM

Incapacity benefit ftw.

#13 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

View PostStoko, on Sep 8 2006, 07:36 AM, said:

Jobseeker's Allowance is fairly self-explanatory, it's a Government-paid Allowance to those Seeking Jobs.
Yup, that's my guess of what it was. Sounds like like wellfare. Wellfare here is a government check for those without jobs. At least your government tried to pretty up the name by making it sound pro-active. But instead people will waste other people's tax money on shit like this. That's why I wish shit like wellfare was dropped here in the states.

#14 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

View PostIUG, on Sep 8 2006, 04:00 PM, said:

Jobseeker's Allowance is fairly self-explanatory, it's a Government-paid Allowance to those Seeking Jobs.
Yup, that's my guess of what it was. Sounds like like wellfare. Wellfare here is a government check for those without jobs. At least your government tried to pretty up the name by making it sound pro-active. But instead people will waste other people's tax money on shit like this. That's why I wish shit like wellfare was dropped here in the states.[/quote]Yeah, the even cooler thing is, that while he gets £200+ gathered (which he doesn't really need) to buy this Xbox 360... He then complains about how bad Britain is because of the government not putting enough money into things. It's halarious. =)

#15 User is offline   Cyberdude

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

I have to side with IUG and SSUK. I'm not all "ZOMG GIMME MY MONEY BACK", and even if I wasn't a student I still wouldn't. My family is upper class, so I'm not annoyed that my parents' money is going to him. What about the people who just failed at life and work in McDonalds. The guy who has to go home to the wife he hates and his accident child, HE is contributing to Overlord getting a 360? Please.However I guess that's a poor comparison - Overlord, you've probably said it on IRC but I ask you to explain why you don't have a job exactly, on the forums. I presume you aren't the kind of mentality that works in McDonalds (you were in Uni ffs), so explain.The real kick in the nuts is that he got a Premium. The hard drive barely has a use other than thousands of Xbox Live Arcade games. And if you bought an Xbox 360 to get in 100 hours of Geometry Wars while on wellfare, then you're a bit sad. Not wow-that-guy-got-to-Pac-Man-level-255-he's-cool, but just sad.

This post has been edited by Cyberdude: 08 September 2006 - 11:51 AM

#16 User is offline   NiktheGreek

• Machine of hate
Icon
England
Interest:
Hated

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

Personally, I think you should all be less concerned with what OL is spending his JSA on, and more concerned with the fact that he's actually on JSA at all. It doesn't bode well that a graduate - and don't forget he's spent three years and gotten himself into considerable debt for a qualification that supposedly helps you get work - can't get an IT job in the strongest area for British IT work.If you really want to complain about the allocation of tax money, you could find a great deal of stuff that's far more worrying than how OL spends his JSA.

#17 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

OK, I see this got a few flames in my direction, so I suppose I shoudl justify myself here...

View PostCho, on Sep 7 2006, 09:38 PM, said:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

View PostSTC-Fan, on Sep 7 2006, 10:49 PM, said:

OL, I don't want my money back. Instead, I want the console. I'm sure you understand =)
I bet you do, Stiv ;P

View PostStoko, on Sep 8 2006, 12:36 PM, said:

If you don't know whether Jobseeker's Allowance is like wellfare, how are we meant to know if it is? Like, what're the criteria for this "wellfare"? I mean, Jobseeker's Allowance is fairly self-explanatory, it's a Government-paid Allowance to those Seeking Jobs. Besides, as for him being a leech on the system? Fuck that, if he can live off that money and save enough of it to buy a 360, then all the best to him.[/quote]Thank you, someone sees my point of view here. Would people rather that I have no money at all until I get employment, which it would be if I wasn't getting this payment?Overlord, you've probably said it on IRC but I ask you to explain why you don't have a job exactly, on the forums. I presume you aren't the kind of mentality that works in McDonalds (you were in Uni ffs), so explain.[/quote]OK, here it is. The second I got out of University, I started job hunting. I intend to support myself as soon as possible with employment (which I'm trying as hard as I can to achieve, I'm not intending to live by scrounging as many benefits as I can for the rest of my life) - but seeing as my best efforts have turned up nothing so far, 2 months of my efforts should at least net me SOMETHING in return, no?EDIT: Nik posted while I was doing:

Personally, I think you should all be less concerned with what OL is spending his JSA on, and more concerned with the fact that he's actually on JSA at all. It doesn't bode well that a graduate - and don't forget he's spent three years and gotten himself into considerable debt for a qualification that supposedly helps you get work - can't get an IT job in the strongest area for British IT work.If you really want to complain about the allocation of tax money, you could find a great deal of stuff that's far more worrying than how OL spends his JSA.
Yeah, such as a war in Iraq that was done entirely for no reason for one...And yes. Graduate, willing to work fixing PCs (hell, I did a lot for free in halls my 3 years of Uni, often turning DOWN payment), and nothing's coming up within 30 miles of here. It's not liek I'm not trying, here.Somewhat, this topic was meant to come across as a semi-joke - I can see this has backfired somewhat dramatically, and I do apologise to anyone who's been REALLY fucked off by it.

This post has been edited by Overlord: 08 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

#18 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

Oh boo fucking hoo Overlord got a 360. Who gives a shit, good for him. Without reading that huge post he made above mine, i bet he's put someone that he is actually looking for employment, not just being a sponge, which i believe. Enjoy your Xbox, OL.

#19 User is offline   Ultima

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Musician

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

DIE DOLE BUM *shot*Seriously, you guys are retarded if you're moaning at OL about this - at least he's trying to get a job. I know a LOT of people who piss your (parents) money up a wall and AVOID getting jobs.If you don't like it, suck it up and move to antarctica.

This post has been edited by Ultima: 08 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

#20 User is offline   paul

• :3
Icon
Ethiopia
Interest:
Hated

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

I'm finding it more moronic that people are crying about HOW someone spends something like JSA or welfare. If they get it in the first place, then it's their own cash and more often than not the people that spend this money beyond their means cause themselves hell as the entire point is that they recieve this money while unemployed and fundless. It's not like they'll replace what OL spent on the 360, so why the fuck are you all so agitated?but I still want a go of the 360

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users