Sonic CD problems...

#21 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Well, the "Press B" page is a list of configurations for the game you're about to run. It has nothing to do with the BIOS. I'm not sure if NeoGenesis uses a cache folder, but I do know that you can specify where the saved files go, and there's the config file too.

#22 User is offline   Bleachaddict

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

overclocking eh? I think Ill give that a try...Thanks ^_^

#23 User is offline   Overlord

• Postcount whoring since 2003~
Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Programmer

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

You shoudln't need to overclock... a friend has a modded Xbox and I've played Sonic CD as an ISO (yeah, yeah, didn't have a decent quality rip at the time) with no problems in NeoGenesis... o_O

#24 User is offline   Eric Wright

• Boo creepy foot doctor. Hooray beer!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

View PostBleachaddict, on Sep 7 2006, 02:06 PM, said:

Well I would run the iso/cue of of a cd-r, but Id like to just have it saved on my xbox because most of my freinds think that game is legendary just like I do.Ive tried deleting the save files, but that still didnt do anythingAnd I always thought that the configuration screen was normal when you selected a rom, your talking about the screen where you have to press "B" to start the rom?
nonononononono, there's nothing wrong with running the game off the hard drive, people just suggested trying to burn the image to a CD and run it that way, or actually load a real copy of the game.that "configuration" screen is normal the first time you play a game, but after you load the game once, it shouldn't appear unless you make it appear. You don't press B to do it, though, you press X... or at least I thought you press X (since pressing B is usually to cancel). I forgot about the overclocking option... that ALWAYS made the emu crash when I tried it on a Sega CD game, make sure OC is off.

#25 User is offline   Bleachaddict

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

View PostEric Wright, on Sep 7 2006, 06:40 PM, said:

Well I would run the iso/cue of of a cd-r, but Id like to just have it saved on my xbox because most of my freinds think that game is legendary just like I do.Ive tried deleting the save files, but that still didnt do anythingAnd I always thought that the configuration screen was normal when you selected a rom, your talking about the screen where you have to press "B" to start the rom?
nonononononono, there's nothing wrong with running the game off the hard drive, people just suggested trying to burn the image to a CD and run it that way, or actually load a real copy of the game.that "configuration" screen is normal the first time you play a game, but after you load the game once, it shouldn't appear unless you make it appear. You don't press B to do it, though, you press X... or at least I thought you press X (since pressing B is usually to cancel). I forgot about the overclocking option... that ALWAYS made the emu crash when I tried it on a Sega CD game, make sure OC is off.[/quote]I was going to say it made braindead 13 lag like hell on the cd ^_^ Well Im FTPing into the xbox now so soon ill have a couple of pictures if it helps, and possibly a recording of the program itself, of where it crashes exactly. Now after I get this working again hopefully, I can try and figure out how to install stepmania v12, its got all those dummy files instead of acual files, and I have no freakin' clue what those are XD

#26 User is offline   Bleachaddict

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:27 PM

Well good news if anyone cares, I just decided to update the version of neogenesis to the latest release, and now all my games, especially sonic cd, work just fine, but of course id like to thank everyone for their help XD

#27 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

I should try that. I still can't get the invincibility music to stop when it's supposed to, and also it doesn't save at all. So now I'm just using savestates.

#28 User is offline   Bleachaddict

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

View PostIUG, on Sep 9 2006, 04:01 PM, said:

I should try that. I still can't get the invincibility music to stop when it's supposed to, and also it doesn't save at all. So now I'm just using savestates.
I used to have that problem, but that was when I had a low version of neogenesis, it stopped when I upped to v14, but now I have the latest version, and now everything works fine XDBut I always use savestates anyway, because saving it to the emulator always tends to lose your save, and also if you use ss, you dont ever have to format the ram on the emulator ^_^

#29 User is offline   IUG

• red power
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Well I went and installed version 21 now, I can save, but I still have that Invicibility music loop problem.

#30 User is offline   Bleachaddict

Icon
United States
Interest:
Failure

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

That sounds pretty peculiar though, I mean when I updated, everythings fixed, but Idk about your problem your having...

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users