X-CulT Community Forums: Only 2 Spots left, come enter The 2nd SCARZ Mario Kart DS Tournament - X-CulT Community Forums

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Only 2 Spots left, come enter The 2nd SCARZ Mario Kart DS Tournament

#1 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The 2nd SCARZ Mario Kart DS Tournament------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Current Entrants:Demi, Cho, Spindash, Stiv, Eric Wright, WiteoutKing, Oshtoby, Sebmal.Nova, Veotax, TweeterMan, Zweih, Mikemasta, Just Me, ?, ?If in a week or so we can't fill the last 7 spaces, then everyone on the second like will have to miss out. Hopefuly we can get some more people. Also if we get all the slots filled, i will repair up the entrants to make it fair. So no one race yet.Round One#1 Cho VS Oshtoby#2 WiteoutKing VS Spindash#3 Eric Wright VS Demi#4 Stiv VS Sebmal#5 ????? VS ?????#6 ????? VS ?????#7 ????? VS ?????#8 ????? VS ?????Quarter FinalsA) #1 VS #3B) #2 VS #4C) #5 VS #7D) #6 VS #8Semi FinalsA VS CB VS DThe Final????? VS ?????The Champion?????------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The 1st SCARZ Mario Kart DS Tournament------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Round One#1 Demi VS Sebmal#2 Spindash VS RocketDarkness#3 Cho VS Mikemasta#4 WiteoutKing VS Eric WrightRound TwoDemi VS ChoSpindash VS WiteoutKingThe FinalCho VS SpindashThe ChampionCho------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rules------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. No snaking, it's retarded and annoying.2. Best out of 4 races wins and goes through to the next round.3. If someone disconects at the 3rd race for example and the other person had 2 wins, the other person keeps his 2 wins, and just has to win another 2 when you reconnect. When continuing a disconected race, you must choose the same character and kart you was using before you got disconected.4. Always select random from the course menu.5. If the score is 2-2, play one sudden death decider course to determine the winner.6. No bitching, it's just a small tournament for a laugh, just have fun and don't take it uber serious. :oThere's no rush contact your oponent and play, just do it whenever you have the time.If anyone above wants to drop out for whatever reason, just say so and whoever replies first gets his/her spot.

This post has been edited by Demi: 01 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

#2 User is offline   Eric Wright

• Boo creepy foot doctor. Hooray beer!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

1) on snaking... where does the boundary fall betweendoing it multiple times in succession around a corner versus a straight-away? Because there are some corners that are long enough that you can do the slide-boost multiple times... not only that, but some parts of a few courses zig-zag in such a manner that you CAN literally slide boost left and right repeatedly (sky garden for one).2) are you saying 4 victories as in 4 wins of the 4-race matches? effectively meaning we have to play a MINIMUM of 16 races?3) disconnecting (whether intentional or accidental) should reset EVERYTHING between two people..though, if someone is down bigtime at the end, I suppose d/c'ing would be a cheap way out... so.. nevermind what I said there.---Also, are there specific courses to select/avoid? Should we always pick "random" just to be fair? Because as of right now there are some courses I kick ass on, and some that kick MY ass... so I figure Random would give everyone as much of a chance as possible.

#3 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

View PostEric Wright, on Jan 12 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

1) on snaking... where does the boundary fall betweendoing it multiple times in succession around a corner versus a straight-away? Because there are some corners that are long enough that you can do the slide-boost multiple times... not only that, but some parts of a few courses zig-zag in such a manner that you CAN literally slide boost left and right repeatedly (sky garden for one).2) are you saying 4 victories as in 4 wins of the 4-race matches? effectively meaning we have to play a MINIMUM of 16 races?3) disconnecting (whether intentional or accidental) should reset EVERYTHING between two people..though, if someone is down bigtime at the end, I suppose d/c'ing would be a cheap way out... so.. nevermind what I said there.---Also, are there specific courses to select/avoid? Should we always pick "random" just to be fair? Because as of right now there are some courses I kick ass on, and some that kick MY ass... so I figure Random would give everyone as much of a chance as possible.
1) Yeah you can boost around a corner as many times as you can fit in. As for the corners that zig zag, yeah you can boost round them like that. What i mean is, no going down a straight and constantly turning left and right quickly to boost all the way through the race.2) No i mean win 4 races, as in circuits. Not 4 whole grand prix's.Yeah ok, to make it more fair, people should always select random from the course menu. Also, if someone disconects for whatever reason, they have to continue racing using the same character and kart they was using before they got disconnected. That doesn't mean you can't change your kart and character against your next oponent though.

This post has been edited by Demi: 12 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

#4 User is offline   Blue Blood

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

I'd join, but my adapter is bust right now. I'll join in in a future tornament; if there re any.

#5 User is offline   Cho

Icon
England
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

On the matter of snaking, isn't it fair on some courses per say? after all Luigi's Mansion can be a real bastard on the last stretch.

#6 User is offline   Eric Wright

Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

View PostCho, on Jan 12 2006, 03:32 PM, said:

On the matter of snaking, isn't it fair on some courses per say? after all Luigi's Mansion can be a real bastard on the last stretch.
that might come down to a question of one's own personal ethics/morals.. where THEY stand, if they think it's cheap or not should the situation arise.

#7 User is offline   sebmal

• doot dododododododododododo doooooooo doot
Icon
United States
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:41 PM

Sounds good to me. I'll bug you in #cult, Demi.

This post has been edited by sebmal: 12 January 2006 - 03:42 PM

#8 User is offline   WiteoutKing

• CulT 06. It's like a fresh pair of underpants.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

Rofl, I suppose this means I have to play Mr. Wolf now =P(for those who don't get it, every time he was ready to play, I wound up getting pulled into something else immediately after that x_x)Since I'm constantly banned at #cult, tell me in #nihongo when you're ready, Eric.

#9 User is offline   Ultima

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
Musician

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

I'd play but a) I am teh suck at racing games b) don't have the game yet

#10 User is offline   Eric Wright

Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

View PostWiteoutKing, on Jan 12 2006, 05:53 PM, said:

Rofl, I suppose this means I have to play Mr. Wolf now =P(for those who don't get it, every time he was ready to play, I wound up getting pulled into something else immediately after that x_x)Since I'm constantly banned at #cult, tell me in #nihongo when you're ready, Eric.
I saw #nihongo when i first connected but didn't bother since there was only one person there x.x

#11 User is offline   WiteoutKing

• CulT 06. It's like a fresh pair of underpants.
Icon
United States
Interest:
Asshole

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

DigitalIRC, not CultIRC =P

#12 User is offline   Eric Wright

Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

why don't you pm me over aim or something.. and I dunno wtf digitalirc is

#13 User is offline   Mikemasta

• What a strapping young lad he is
Icon
Canada
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:35 PM

View PostCho, on Jan 12 2006, 05:32 PM, said:

Sometimes instead of snaking, I just hold a drift as long as possible. What sucks is when you bump into a tree though =PEDIT: I have a question... In your Friends roster, can you limit who you connect to by locking/unlocking people?

This post has been edited by Mikemasta: 12 January 2006 - 07:42 PM

#14 User is offline   Eric Wright

Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:49 PM

View PostMikemasta, on Jan 12 2006, 07:35 PM, said:

I have a question... In your Friends roster, can you limit who you connect to by locking/unlocking people?
Good idea... I've often wondered what the locks are for in the game myself.. though, Im sure it wouldnt hurt if I just bothered to check the manual ¬.¬

#15 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

You need to lock the padlocks to connect to the people you want to connect to, unlocked means you won't connect.

#16 User is offline   Eric Wright

Icon
United States
Interest:
Jaded Sonic Fan

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

you sure? 'cause all my locks are UNlocked and I've connected to people... I think... uh oh *checks*EDIT: This is what the manual says:

You can lock certain data on your friend roster to prevent it from beind erased by mistake. If both you and an opponent lock each other's information on your friend rosters and then choose to race against friends on the Nintendo WFC at the same time, the chances of the two of you being matched up for a race increase.
So it seems like it just makes it more likely to find the other person if they're connected... Apparently a friend in law (someone on your friend's friends list) can compete too, even if they're not on YOUR friends list, if they just happen to be connected when you're trying to race a particular person.

This post has been edited by Eric Wright: 12 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

#17 User is offline   Stiv

• Stretch it!
Icon
England
Interest:
Artist

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

Impatient fuckers =(.

#18 User is offline   Spindash54

• HOLY SHIT! I changed my avatar!
Icon
United States
Interest:
Researcher

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

If anyone wants to contact me without using AIM, I'll be in #sws2b. I'm not really confident about my popularity in #cult as of late.

#19 User is offline   Mikemasta

• What a strapping young lad he is
Icon
Canada
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

Facing Cho now =PEdit: He won....

This post has been edited by Mikemasta: 13 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

#20 User is offline   Demi

Icon
United Kingdom
Interest:
General Fan

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:24 PM

I just beat Sebmal 3 - 1. =P Looks like it's me VS Cho in the next round. :Dedit - first post updated. Plus rule i forgot to add added.

This post has been edited by Demi: 13 January 2006 - 03:27 PM

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users