X-CulT Community Forums: Trying to extract WAV files from a .bin. - X-CulT Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying to extract WAV files from a .bin. Can anyone help?

#1 User is offline   SSUK

• Rule Britannia, mother fuckers!
Icon
Little Planet
Interest:
LOVES FRANZ'S PULSATING MEGA COCK

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Oookay, so I downloaded Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damashii for PSP, booted it onto a virtual drive, looked around and found a nice file 800mb in size with the name "strbody.bin" in PSP_GAME\USRDIR\SOUND\ so I open the thing up in Hex workshop and lo' and behold we have:
NPSF....................D...b...................@...M00_SELECT.wav
followed by a little portion of "."'s and then a large chunk of gibberish which I take is this file. Now, is this file the M00_SELECT.wav file or is it a NPSF file of some sorts? I'm not quite sure but if it helps the next WAV file starts out:
NPSF....................D...b...................@...M01_LOAD.wav
I did the sensable thing and found the last wav file "M36_ED3.wav" which carries on until the file ends, coppied and pasted into a new doccument and saved as a 54mb .WAV file with it starting right at the 'gibberish', from "NPSF" and from just "M36_ED3.wav" onwards, none played... Unless it's some PSP WAV codec at all... So... questions... 1) is it a compressed WAV file? 2) if it is compressed is there a way to uncompress it? I did a scan of some PSP homebrew sites/hacking scenes, none helped, hoping you lot can... Sorry if I didn't explain this very well... I can probably explain things a bit better if need be.Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users